Multiple Holdings, Same Country

Is a player allowed to have multiple holdings in the same country? Even a big market like the US or China? There doesn't seem to be a definitive rule against this. I know multiple accounts are forbidden, but what if someone set up ten different airlines all over China with the same account? Forbidden or just frowned upon?

Is a player allowed to have multiple holdings in the same country? Even a big market like the US or China? There doesn't seem to be a definitive rule against this. I know multiple accounts are forbidden, but what if someone set up ten different airlines all over China with the same account? Forbidden or just frowned upon?

What is the significant benefit of opening two different holding (that cannot cooperate at all) in the same country?

I don't think there is any.

Maybe he can do slot blocking, but it can be seen (and reported). But for someone who open two holding in LAX and MIA, and let those airlines run by themselves, and each of them fly properly (no slot blocking), they do not cooperate at all, do not take any illegal benefit from each other ... I don't think there should be a limitation for somebody to open two different holding in the same country.

What is the significant benefit of opening two different holding (that cannot cooperate at all) in the same country?

I don’t think there is any.

Maybe he can do slot blocking, but it can be seen (and reported). But for someone who open two holding in LAX and MIA, and let those airlines run by themselves, and each of them fly properly (no slot blocking), they do not cooperate at all, do not take any illegal benefit from each other … I don’t think there should be a limitation for somebody to open two different holding in the same country.

You do however take the advantage of getting a larger share of the market (=put higher pressure on the competition) by setting up multiple holdings.

If you do it propperly, you can do some damage to a competitor.

Even if 2.4 in the rules is a bit vague, 3.1 definitely isn’t.

Not that it really matters but are you talking about holdings or airlines (enterprises)?

Not that it really matters but are you talking about holdings or airlines (enterprises)?

I'm talking about setting up independent airlines in major cities in one country. For example, one airline each in 8 different cities in the same country. 

Again, are you talking about 8 different holdings or 8 different subs of one holding?

Again, are you talking about 8 different holdings or 8 different subs of one holding?

I am talking about one user, multiple holdings with airlines in multiple cities in the same country.

For example,

Holding A with Airline A in City A

Holding B with Airline B in City B

Holding C with Airline C in City C

And so on...

And so on...

And so on...

Well, my answer is still the same.

What is the significant benefit of opening many holding and airlines in the same country, managed by one player only?

And what I meant with significant are things that can be seen by naked eyes (like slot blocking or transferring money or aircraft etc).

If these 8 airlines run on their own in each city and don't give a fuq to each other and just live like other airline to have their own profit, I dont think there's a problem.

He might intimidate other player, but still it isnt a significant benefit.

Well, you can expand in a market much quicker and basically build up 8 hubs at the same time, while with one holding you can only do 1. So if a big country gets vacated, it would be like you grow 8 times faster than a competitor with only one holding. After some time, you let the other holdings die and replace them with a single holding.

Effectively, you'd "pay to win", although right now, you could argue it's not illegal.

If these 8 airlines run on their own in each city and don’t give a fuq to each other and just live like other airline to have their own profit, I dont think there’s a problem.

He might intimidate other player, but still it isnt a significant benefit.

The big difference is:

When 8 players play their holdings, they are more or less competing with each other.

If one player plays 8 holdings, he is unlikely to set his own airlines into competition. So while there’s no obvious cooperation, it does have a negative impact on others.

And what is significant? If there’s one player struggling with a low AGEX and I come along with my 8 holdings, I’d call it a significant detriment for him. Which in the long run is a significant benefit for me.

I agree with AK and that 8 holdings can easily take all the slots and slowly the whole operation will be handed down to just one holding with complete monopoly. To play this way a player needs to have no life which i think most of us have. 

This way to play is a nonsense but it’s not illegal

On Quimby, a player has 6 airline holdings in the USA. If you look at the top 20 airlines in pax/wk in the USA (certainly not a small market), he/she owns the airlines ranked #2, #6, and #19. I've never seen anything like this before.

Does not make sense… Sure that these are holdings and not subs?

Same player…multiple holdings.

On Quimby, a player has 6 airline holdings in the USA. If you look at the top 20 airlines in pax/wk in the USA (certainly not a small market), he/she owns the airlines ranked #2, #6, and #19. I've never seen anything like this before.

It has been reported. Just check on the airline, scroll down, and see that the company has been reported.

I was so mad and curious at the same time. I am number 3 in Quimby, and I have worked so hard to get 25 Airbus A320/321 since the Quimby is opened.

But this guy got 100 Airbus including A350 in only two months?

I mean, what kind of cheating he did?

You are talking about another player, mariobastian. You are not number 3 but number 5 on Quimby (Pax per week) by the way.

You are talking about another player, mariobastian. You are not number 3 but number 5 on Quimby (Pax per week) by the way.

The one we're talking about is also being reported, just the same like the one I've been talking.

And by the way, I was talking about passenger transported, not pax per week.

(And I was second in pax per week, anyway, when these 3 airlines popped out all of sudden with so many Airbuses. Two of these three comes from the same player. The other one is the one who has 6 holdings in USA.)

As long as Support has not found out that cheating occured, these companies may have a good setup to grow fast... I am not playing on Quimby and have not looked into these airlines at all, just mentioning that a suspected company / player still is not guilty of cheating as long as the case is cleared.

What is an easy way to get to the top of the rankings?

-> establish three holdings in one market/country, grow them parallel. Then absorb (“copy” fleets and schedule) of two of those three into the biggest one. Et voila!

Now again, what does rule 3.1, read in conjunction with 2.4 say?