Maintenance Help

I changed my maintenance providor - for experimental purposes, only to find out that most of my flights now have a maintenance ratio of less than 100%. Most are sitting between 80 and 90 % now. My question is, is it going to kill my airline if I wait 2 weeks (so I can change maintenance providor back, or should I cancel some flights? And, if I cancel flights to increase maintenance time, would it work if I just manually cancel the odd the flight, or do I need to remove it from the schedule altogether?

Thanks in advance....

cancelling flights manually will work.

given your maintenance ratio of between 80 and 90%, you should be fine with just letting it go for two weeks, however, this might differ under extreme circumstances. if your maintenance breaks are evenly spread, you should be fine for two weeks

cancelling flights manually will work.

given your maintenance ratio of between 80 and 90%, you should be fine with just letting it go for two weeks, however, this might differ under extreme circumstances. if your maintenance breaks are evenly spread, you should be fine for two weeks

Great thanks

If your MX ratio is below 100% your aircraft won’t be able to get back to a 100% maintenance status.

Every flight will wear off your machine by some percentage, and every MX break will raise that value back up some percent, yet it will never be able to get it back to 100%.

Simply watch the status and see how bad your machines deteriorate. If the status drops below 50%, your machine won’t be able to fly anymore. Then you either have to schedule a manual positioning flight to get the aircraft back into the air, or you cancel one or two flights manually before you get to 50% to give it the necessary maintenance break to avoid the grounding.

With a lower status of your aircraft, your image will also “suffer” a little bit during the next two weeks, but that should not have a material effect in the long term.

I changed my maintenance providor - for experimental purposes, only to find out that most of my flights now have a maintenance ratio of less than 100%. Most are sitting between 80 and 90 % now. My question is, is it going to kill my airline if I wait 2 weeks (so I can change maintenance providor back, or should I cancel some flights? And, if I cancel flights to increase maintenance time, would it work if I just manually cancel the odd the flight, or do I need to remove it from the schedule altogether?

Thanks in advance....

What I like to do when things start going sideways like that is start over. I just mostly have to get rid of it. Those type of things just "happen" here for no reason.

What I like to do when things start going sideways like that is start over. I just mostly have to get rid of it. Those type of things just "happen" here for no reason.

It’s not “for no reason” in this case, different providers have different levels of efficiency, just like the real world. Some give you a better balance for new aircraft, some give a better balance for old aircraft, one gives the absolute best efficiency, but at a cost. One is better for Cargo Airlines set up for lower utilization. The info on which ones are better for what is available with a search of the forums.

Thanks in advance…

As stated, you will struggle a bit through the next two weeks because of this. You will, most likely, have to cancel some flights to make it through. Feel free to send me a PM and I may be able to advise you as to which provider will be best for your situation.