Single player game?

I love the detail of this game but I’m not a huge fan of the multiplayer and real time game speed. Has there ever been plans to release a single player version?

No. But you can rent a private server and play alone if you wish so... cost around 350-400 euro per month.

Play single player AS?! That completely defeats the purpose of the game but i'm sure Martin would be happy to make a private server for you (and make you pay the hefty price) :D

There's a great free game on alpha called The Airline Project. Receives constant updates.

There's a great free game on alpha called The Airline Project. Receives constant updates.

The Airline Project does in no way compare to the level of realistic detail that AS has. As a paying customer I must agree the some updates would be nice, especially since AS is a subscription service.

I've played The Airline Project and it has a lot of potential but the AI simply does not work and there is no connecting flight. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though. 

The Airline Project does in no way compare to the level of realistic detail that AS has. As a paying customer I must agree the some updates would be nice, especially since AS is a subscription service.

But there's virtually no alternative to meet his criteria. Its just the best option.

I've played The Airline Project and it has a lot of potential but the AI simply does not work and there is no connecting flight. I'll definitely keep an eye on it though. 

Agree with the AI part.