Moving funds to new holding

Hi, how does one move money to a newly created holding?

And is it possible to move aircraft to the new holding?

Thanks 

Also, is it possible to open a new holding and close my current one? 

Do you really mean Holding or Enterprise?

New Holding is not possible. Holdings of the same owner cannot interact whatsoever.

New enterprises can move money by transferring aircraft back and forth as long as the companies are not publicly listed.

If you have created a new enterprise with a holding, you can transfer upt to 10 Mio AS$ (starting money from the mother company, the holding). If you want to create a new company and have no money left in the holding, then you have to do it like Matth explained

So I am having a hard time with the Enterprise/holding bit. I understand most of it, but here is where I have a problem.

1. It sounds like it’s better to establish the enterprise after you first establish your holding before booking any flights. Is this a correct assumption?

2. How is this beneficial if i’ve been running everything under my holding up to this point, but I want to establish traffic routes in another country so I can establish a second hub?

3. Do most people operate flights using the enterprise and the holding?

4. For naming, if I establish an enterprise with my holding, the holding becomes the parent company and the newly created enterprise will be a holding of my parent company, but I will not be able to change the name to something that specifies it’s a enterprise correct? (I want the newly created enterprise to be the parent company)

5. So just to be clear, its legal to transfer Airplanes from my main enterprise to the holding?

Currently I have a hub in the USA and I want to establish another hub in Canada to connect my passengers and hub. I assume I won’t be able to do this unless I establish an enterprise to gain traffic rights?

So I am having a hard time with the Enterprise/holding bit. I understand most of it, but here is where I have a problem.

1. It sounds like it’s better to establish the enterprise after you first establish your holding before booking any flights. Is this a correct assumption?

2. How is this beneficial if i’ve been running everything under my holding up to this point, but I want to establish traffic routes in another country so I can establish a second hub?

3. Do most people operate flights using the enterprise and the holding?

4. For naming, if I establish an enterprise with my holding, the holding becomes the parent company and the newly created enterprise will be a holding of my parent company, but I will not be able to change the name to something that specifies it’s a enterprise correct? (I want the newly created enterprise to be the parent company)

5. So just to be clear, its legal to transfer Airplanes from my main enterprise to the holding?

Currently I have a hub in the USA and I want to establish another hub in Canada to connect my passengers and hub. I assume I won’t be able to do this unless I establish an enterprise to gain traffic rights?

The holding company is the top-level company you start with. Each holding costs you 4 credits per day (i.e. real-life cash) and determines the traffic rights for all subsidiary enterprises (exception: investment-open countries). From this holding, or any subsidiary of it, you can found as many subsidiaries as you like, but they will all have US traffic rights (and unless you have a specific reason, no point in founding more of them). Exception: investment-only countries, but you do not want to worry about that at your stage in the game.

Not all servers allow more than one holding per player. Since Canada is not investment open, you cannot have traffic rights in Canada if your holding is based at an US hub. Thus, not possible for you to build up a hub in Canada, unless you found (and pay for) a second holding - not recommended.

Assuming you only have one holding, here are the answers to your specific questions:

1. There are some advantages in first founding a subsidiary with almost all (or all) of the AS$10m you start with and having your subsidiary operate all flights (i.e. the holding is just a shell). Since there are no downsides to this, I would recommend this to all newbies, as you may appreciate the upsides later.

2. with the exception of investment open countries, this is not possible. Any subsidiaries you found will inherit the parent's traffic rights.

3. Most people choose one or the other. But if you already operate flights from the holding, it may be easier to continue that way. Unless you are going to IPO (which I don't recommend, but some people do), it doesn't matter much.

4. I don't understand this question, sorry.

5. It is entirely legal to transfer aircraft between any enterprises that belong to the same holding. Unless you have made an IPO (i.e. sold shares of your company on the stock market) you can do this either with, or without cash consideration. This flexibility is one of the reasons I tend to advertise against IPOs.

Finally:

"Currently I have a hub in the USA and I want to establish another hub in Canada to connect my passengers and hub. I assume I won't be able to do this unless I establish an enterprise to gain traffic rights?"

Fixed it for you ;)

If you want to rename an airline, tell support your new name and they can change it for you.

As for your hub in Canada. You potentially could create a hub in a foreign country and feed connecting pax in from your home country. Imagine, you are a Japanese airline and you fly to SFO. You could then have a hub in SFO with some small regional aircraft distributing your long-haul pax to local airports. You can only transport pax from your own home country to and from SFO that connect through that hub. You can’t transport any other local pax. I have seen that before, but it’s difficult to make it profitable.

If you want to rename an airline, tell support your new name and they can change it for you.

As for your hub in Canada. You potentially could create a hub in a foreign country and feed connecting pax in from your home country. Imagine, you are a Japanese airline and you fly to SFO. You could then have a hub in SFO with some small regional aircraft distributing your long-haul pax to local airports. You can only transport pax from your own home country to and from SFO that connect through that hub. You can’t transport any other local pax. I have seen that before, but it’s difficult to make it profitable.

Ah, thank you for this!  I was in fact looking to rename my Airline holding.

And thanks for the info. if It's not going to be profitable, then I probably shouldn't bother, although it's a very interesting proposition.

Ah, thank you for this!  I was in fact looking to rename my Airline holding.

And thanks for the info. if It's not going to be profitable, then I probably shouldn't bother, although it's a very interesting proposition.

Unless there is no player in Canada this is unlikely to work: geography is not on your side...