Tips to grow at initial stage

Hello

I'm a newbie, flying out from Cairo. After two restarts my third airline is profitable, but EBT is around 200k which is 10% profit rate. Is this margin good enough to grow at a reasonable phase? Does the game allow airlines to a loan?  I currently have 5 CJR and I want to buy a B737 or A320 to put on my most profitable & demanding route for which, I need around 3 million in security deposit at my current rate it will take me 15 weeks! plus I need a million in reserve for the cash flow. What can I do in the meantime instead of just waiting? Can anyone share a few tips to make my airline more profitable?

Thank you

game world: QUIMBY

Airline: Egypt Air

I'm also a looking for advice, Thought I would post here instead of a separate thread.

World: ellinikon

Jupiter Ailines

Currently I'm trying to build up my fleet and get a better grasp on the game. I'm running 8 Q400's from my Nashville hub but at the moment I'm just looking for advice for more experienced players.

Matth wrote in another thread:

---

You might want to have a look at this sort of tutorial or search Youtube for some explanations for beginners.

---

Maybe this is of some interest for you too.

After reading the first mentioned article, you may also want to search here in the forum. Most likely, you will find answers on your questions within a couple of hours or days.

As stated above, a search through the forums will help a lot, and the proposed tutorials as well. So basically I’m just echoing LOL, but it’s true.

Best forum to look through is probably community support.

200k profit is nothing and it will almost be impossible to grow with it. I suggest you work up that margin to atleast 30% which would give you 600k which is a reasonable amount to grow with. As you are in Cairo you need to make sure that you offer good ORS and just fly the trunk routes p2p which should be enough to generate a decent profit to grow a hub in Cairo. As these are p2p and you have 5 CRJ1000 I think you could make atleast 1 million per week which would greatly help you scale. When your p2p loads start dropping then go to build a hub. When I launch in  fairly uncompleted market I always make sure to have a good source of cashflow before starting to build connections. This does not mean that a hub system wont pay off well, which it certainly can but it is just harder. 

@tsdda40

Next time please dont highjack someone fresh thread but I will help you this time. My advice for BNA is that as long as you offer a good product you will have no problem building a hub system there. It is a fairly easy place to play in. You can easily connect Florida with the east coast and mid east. Just look at how big operations Spezialist has in BNA on other worlds as an example. 

@CBE

My apologies, didn't meant to hijack the thread.

200k profit is nothing and it will almost be impossible to grow with it. I suggest you work up that margin to atleast 30% which would give you 600k which is a reasonable amount to grow with. As you are in Cairo you need to make sure that you offer good ORS and just fly the trunk routes p2p which should be enough to generate a decent profit to grow a hub in Cairo. As these are p2p and you have 5 CRJ1000 I think you could make atleast 1 million per week which would greatly help you scale. When your p2p loads start dropping then go to build a hub. When I launch in  fairly uncompleted market I always make sure to have a good source of cashflow before starting to build connections. This does not mean that a hub system wont pay off well, which it certainly can but it is just harder. 

Thank you for your reply.I currently have a hub & spoke model with some less profitable routes. Now i'll try p2p. 

Thanks again

I suggest you work up that margin to atleast 30%

Is a margin of atleast 30% even possible with 99/100 ORS ratings and a small fleet?

Yes

30% margins with 99 ORS is certinaly possible. I would say 45% is close to the edge of what is possible. Although it is much easier for small carriers that can be better micromanaged.