Get some more planes in Otto

I know that the world is ending soon, but still need more planes in otto. More props, MD80 series, MD11 Series, how about a 747 or two?  You can get rid of the single engine caravans that fall out of the sky because they go so slow.  Next time you make a world, let's not have anything that won't go at least 300 MPH, or in your language 483 KPH.  It needs to be faster than a race car, in fact, race cars are cheaper, so put up some cars! The dragsters can go 300.  Slap some wings on em, and off they go!  But in all seriousness, perhaps a DC-10. I would like to be able to afford a wide body jet. Some of your "members" have hundreds of them.  That's a whole other topic I will get into later. But please get more planes.  Thanks.

Moderator hat: There is no need to post with your title in capitals, in many cultures this is considered shouting. Title now changed

Player hat: you made a choice to start in a game world with “only current aircraft types” which means you are limited to aircraft which can currently be ordered new at start of the game world. There are other game worlds with old aircraft available

Perhaps, next time you’d rather start on a world with fewer restrictions. In this game, as a general rule, by the time you actually need widebodies, you’ll be able to afford them.

The previous version of Otto contained all the old planes...it was a rather fun server.   I hope they run another one - with one caveat - fix the IL menace :)  

The previous version of Otto contained all the old planes...it was a rather fun server.   I hope they run another one - with one caveat - fix the IL menace :)  

Amen!

Love all those DC-10s taking off!

Is it just me or is there actually no point with this rant? If you don't like the config then play on another world or ask for a different config for the next world.

Perhaps, next time you’d rather start on a world with fewer restrictions. In this game, as a general rule, by the time you actually need widebodies, you’ll be able to afford them.

Well, I like worlds where I can actually get aircraft's. I got to have some.  I've been playing on airline sim for a few years, (even though i'm just a newbie again), but OTTO seems to be where I can actually find aircraft on auction. Fewer problemo's with arrival and departure slots, except for LAX, JFK, DFW, SFO, and ATL.  (Those are nightmares)  Anyway, Senior Captain CBE, I've noticed that nobody on any of these forums have patience for the ignorant, not all-knowing flyers like myself.  Still learning, one of those ways I try to learn is through the forums.  Tal0n, you got any suggestions? I'm figuring out that I don't need widebodies, but if I want to use a regional jet, I got to tell customers they got to go places like AZA instead of PHX, SNA instead of LAX, DAL instead of DFW,  and ISP instead of JFK.  They don't seem to like it much. SO I try to get bigger planes, but that don't work well either. I run out of money before the party begins. Bear with me, I'm still learning.  

The reason why nobody has the patience is, because nearly all of these questions has already been answered months/years ago.

And yes, it´s a nice way to learn through the forum, but what experienced players mean when telling this, is reading all the old stuff, all the old Threads. Airlinesim is nearly the same over so many years, so you can learn even from threads 5 years or older.

And by reading through the Forum you learn so much more than you had been looking for.

First of all, every airport is alone for himself, so flying to AZA has nothing to do with PHX, or with the CIty Phoenix, the PAX don´t choose between these airports, every airport has it´s own demand.

When I look at your airline, I can´t see somethink like a HUB with waves. Thats something you could have read very often in older Threads, even 2 weeks old. Because generating transfer PAX helps you filling your planes (at the beginning smaller ones, and later even Widebodies).

Yes there are a few routes that will work even without a Network, smaller and bigger ones. But it seems like, these are not your routes.

I just checked your flight plan. So why not building a HUB in Kansas City. Over 70% slots available and it´s in the middle of the US. So you can perfectly connect east-west.

But, nearly every bigger airport (3+/4+) should be connectet to the big US airlines. So it´s very hard to competete with them, because they offer much more connections than you do.

So my advice is, find a smaller country with a good domestic market and build up something there, learn how the game works.

And you can always come back to the US later/when Otto get´s refreshed.

Yes I´m just a beginner, but that´s what I learned so far.

(When you don´t want to read the hol day, than lern by watching youtube videos, there are a few good playlists)