Using AirlineSim to Start a Virtual Airline

Hello all, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm also sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.  I'm interested in using AS as a basis for creating a virtual airline within the flight simulation community.  Essentially what I want to do is create a virtual airline using the schedule, hubs, aircraft, and finances of my AS airline.  I think it would bring an interesting dynamic to myself and also future possible members of the virtual airline.  If I add or subtract a route to my AS airline, I would do that as well to my virtual airline.  It would allow the virtual airline to simulate real life business situations, which I think would be a unique dynamic within the flight simulation community.  I'd give all due credit to AS.  I guess my questions are 1. Is this okay, 2. How could it be done, 3. How/what credit would I need to give?

I suggest you send an email to support@airlinesim.aero

However, if you create a virtual airline for whatever network and happen to offer flights that resemble the ones you also have with your AS airline, I don’t see how any copy rights could be even touched.

If, however, you want to link the virtual airline to your AS airline in any direct way, send the email.

Thank you for the response. I would be creating a virtual airline out of my AirlineSim airline, so your first option would be most representative of my intention.

You might think I’m stupid but what is a virtual airline? Thought AS already was a virtual airline in itself. I’m super confused.

I think like flight sim virtual airline… Where you spend 8 hours of your life flying from AMS to JFK on a computer.

I think like flight sim virtual airline... Where you spend 8 hours of your life flying from AMS to JFK on a computer.

Ahhhh, right. If you have a bunch of time to spend that seems fun although I personally only do takeoffs and landings. The rest just takes so much time and gets incredibly boring. People spending so much time on such things have no excuse for imperfect airlines in AS haha.

Yep, time between top of climb and top of descent can be perfectly used for managing AS airlines.  :P

Haha yes.  A flight simulator virtual airline.  I'm a pilot in real life, so I won't necessarily be flying any of my own routes (who am I kidding.... I will =P).  Essentially I want to use my AS airline as a basis (read: schedule/routes/aircraft types) for fellow nerds enthusiasts to "fly" on Flight Simulator. 

Is there any chance I can get any official word on this?  I haven't heard anything on here or on my support ticket yet.  I'd like to start putting documentation together and what not, but I don't want to waste my time and effort if it turns out this would be illegal in anyway. 

Sorry for the late reaction on this!

I can't seen any problem with your idea, so go ahead and have fun!

Excellent.  Thank you so much!! I just wanted to make sure my AS account wouldn't be in jeopardy.