Is this cheating?

On GATOW we have just had an airline go through an IPO, XXX

As usual many of us requested shares. However when the IPO was completed one enterprise had managed to get 10 times as much as everyone else. They are called XXX and have a subsidiary called XXX. This had a subsidiary called XXX, and this had a subsidiary called XXX, all the way to XXX.

Each one gained shares, which have now all been sold to the main enterprise, which now has 11.8% of XXX compared with the rest of us on 0.9%. All of these subsidiaries have now gone.

I’ve raised a ticket on this but am not getting any response.

This is not in the spirit of the game and should be considered as cheating. Can someone please look into this and I feel place their shares back on the market. It’s probably too late to reverse.

I have censored the company names. Please don’t mention names in the future.

It’s a way to obtain a larger part of the shares. Whether it’s legal or not is not my decision. But if you send me a ticket number, I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

Why it should be cheating? It’s the same holding, and all the subs that bid had complied with requirements to be able to participate in IPO. Each sub must have had equity required to be able to subscribe stock. It would have been different if same player had subscribed through multiple holdings and than transferred shares to one holding. But doing it within the same holding is absolutely legal and I see no reason why that would be cheating. You yourself can bid with holding, with subs, with a handling company, with a leasing company, with an old semi defunct sub, etc.

Why it should be cheating? It's the same holding, and all the subs that bid had complied with requirements to be able to participate in IPO. Each sub must have had equity required to be able to subscribe stock. It would have been different if same player had subscribed through multiple holdings and than transferred shares to one holding. But doing it within the same holding is absolutely legal and I see no reason why that would be cheating. You yourself can bid with holding, with subs, with a handling company, with a leasing company, with an old semi defunct sub, etc.

I'm just saying it's not in the spirit of the game is it. They have set up 10 subs on the day of the IPO, got the shares, transferred them all to the main enterprise, then closed all 10 subs.

I'm just saying it's not in the spirit of the game is it. They have set up 10 subs on the day of the IPO, got the shares, transferred them all to the main enterprise, then closed all 10 subs.

Dont you have to have 20million in balance to trade on the stock market.

It's all irrelevant now as more shares have been traded that I believe will destroy the airline?

A South Korean company has just bough a controlling share of the Canadian company. However due to traffic rights they won't be able to operate it will they?

Looks like someone is trying to create certain corporate structure without having experience and necessary knowledge in the subject matter.

I have censored the company names. Please don't mention names in the future.

It’s a way to obtain a larger part of the shares. Whether it’s legal or not is not my decision. But if you send me a ticket number, I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

It would be better, if you censored it with ??? than with triple X=XXX :wink: