Regional Jets and Frequency

I saw an airline having 500 plus flights per week using E195 to one destination. It has two destinations from an airport, and adding up with over 1000 flights a week. i know this is not slot blocking by AS legal standard, as E195 is only blocked between two 10 bars airports.

I'm just wondering how often people do this with RJs, and is there a point you can say it's just taking slots too easily? At least it can be upgraded to 737s, instead of dumping E jets...

Report the company just in case

I have been thinking about it, but i don't know whether it's a reportable offense though, especially it is allowed by the slot blocking mechanism. 

btw, i'm not sure i will get any response... I have two tickets under 'Verarbeitung läuft', one for 71 days already, another one has been 2 years... all with no response.

Consider rules 1.4 and 3.2 :wink:

If the aircraft has seats and is scheduled to fly regularly, it’s not rule breaking. Also if the flights are generating profit, and the prices are higher than minimum price, then it’s just an example of exploited profitable trunk route. You can see yourself if all flights show 9/9 availability or if many/most flights are fully booked.

George that is not completely true. Every slot blocking case is judged on its own merit but needs to be reported to start that process

Consider rules 1.4 and 3.2 ;)

I don't see it violates 3.2, it's more into the 1.4 

edit: I'm not sure how exactly it would match 3.2. all the destinations still have slots available, except its two hubs with 2% (96% traffic) and 4% (90% traffic). but i think it's a bit crazy to dump all those RJs.

If the aircraft has seats and is scheduled to fly regularly, it's not rule breaking. Also if the flights are generating profit, and the prices are higher than minimum price, then it's just an example of exploited profitable trunk route. You can see yourself if all flights show 9/9 availability or if many/most flights are fully booked.

It has seats, and all flights are pretty much fully booked with a little bit higher price than default. The issue is the company is pretty doing similar process for all its destinations. A lot of its routes have over hundred flights per route. It's running this way since it started, and no desire to upgrade to narrow bodies since it also only uses props and RJs since started. it just adds frequency. i don't think it's using wave system either, just tons of flights on trunk routes using RJs. 

It's about 2 years old, so it's not really exploring trunk routes .The player knows the trunk routes and is taking advantage of them. 

Be honest, i'm fine with putting more flights on trunks routes; i have more frequent flights on trunk routes either, but if i use his/her practice, i guess i can pretty much take out half of the CGK slots with my SUB-CGK flights, and it's allowed (10 bar to 8 bar)

So this is in Indonesia? Those trunk routes will pretty much fill anything you throw on those routes. I think CBE was even using 380 sometimes? Yes… On such known trunk routes running E95 is annoying… Though it remains to be seen if it is slot blocking. I won’t take sides in this case as myself I would not know.

Not Indonesia, very close to Indonesia though, and it shares a huge market with Indonesia. I'm glad it's not in Indonesia, if i that strategy, i probably can ensure all the major airports in the country running out of slots, since there are only 5 or 6 (depended on servers) transferable airports in ID. 

I already reported the airline, and i think i will wait to see how this is handled. I guess there's still some work to do with the slot blocking system if it's still legal. My fear is if everyone uses this strategy,you can take out slots very fast. With 500 departures per destinations, it will be really easy to take out all the slots at the airports, just with the domestic demand. 

Can't name the airline, i know the rule :)

Consider rules 1.4 and 3.2 ;)

George that is not completely true. Every slot blocking case is judged on its own merit but needs to be reported to start that process

Ianmanson is exactly right here.

To give a bit more insight for everybody:

Every route that uses exclusively 320/737 or anything bigger is always considered fine, no matter how many flights per day there are.

But the smaller the aircraft that are used on a route, the more likely it is that we see reason to take action when there's an excessive number of flights on a route - even if it's fine with the built-in route restrictions (otherwise it couldn't be scheduled anymore anyway).

A case with E195s will therefore probably be the most difficult to judge, as it's quite close to the 320/737 standard and almost without route restrictions as well. But cases like 30 daily flight with Cessnas will deserve handling and there's no hiding behind the route restrictions for that.

Personally, I don’t really get why you would this. Sure at startup I could see it, to a point, but really. If I make money on a route flying multiple E95s then I should also be able to make money with 737s or A32X. In fact, if the company is structured properly, I should make More money with those aircraft.

BJ is spot on. If a route supports 85 daily flights on E95 by one company, it would most likely support 85 daily flights on A320 and possibly even A321 at that same company… And the airline would make much more money.

There might be a possibility that the company can't keep that much frequency if using 321 or 739. I'm not an expert in that market, but the company is based in a lower demand airport (not commonly you would choose as your airport base). It's like using Wichita if you set up your airline in US. If it's the player is using A321s with the same frequency at the same hubs, i probably will pay respect to him/her because then It would be possibly a very good wave system. 

I don't think it's directly using direct flights as its major demand. Most likely it's filling connection flights using trunk routes demand. i seriously doubt the domestic market is large enough to put all routes with 321 size aircraft with its current frequency. I looked into some of its most frequent routes, and i actually fond that a lot of them have 9/9 availability (like a half??? i don't really want to actually count it), especially for economic class. i don't know how far it goes you would say it's call dumping; i don't think i have this type of booking with my airlines, but again, my load factor is on the high side on the server i believe. 

Just shown an example, this one has a relatively good booking on business class than other flights, with a 200+ frequency on this particular route

SY3vZNA.png

(I will take down the picture if it's not allowed shown on the forum)

The one i mentioned earlier as 'crazy' is filling well probably because itself is part of trunk route. If the airline switch to larger aircraft, it probably won't be economical to run, and if it reduces frequency because of that, it loses its frequency advantage, then booking might fall even more. So if the team does rule it as slot blocking, actually i don't know how it's going to change to meet the demand. It's like what happened to those airlines who knowingly dumping LETs on certains routes when the hard-coded slot blacking system was applied. 

Somehow i also feel like i'm the bad person here, probably destroy the airline if team rules in my favour, but i think it still needs to be addressed