Airbus A220-300

Official, Cseries 300 is rebranded as the Airbus A220-300. Not sure about the CSeries 100 name yet. 

Will we see a name change? 

The CS100 is A220-100 

Damn you beat me too it. We'll have to see now what will happen to Embraer after their tie up with Boeing. 

Is it just a renaming?

It’s a renaming and product integration. It’s no longer a Bombardier, it’s an Airbus.

What about the maintenance category?

Why would that change?

What should be different about maintenance category? Because it’s an Airbus dosent mean it is equally maintained to an a320. It’s like the 737 and 717.

Or 767 vs 777 vs 787

Or 330 vs 350 vs 380

Or 767 vs 777 vs 787

Or 330 vs 350 vs 380

Sure but that is not a case of a manufacturer acquiring a finished plane and rebranding it as their own as it the case with 737 and 717 and A320 and A220. Although the planes you stated are fairly different there are a couple of large similarities between them. Especially the Airbuses. A320 and A220 barely have anything in common except for the engines. 

We are talking about the same thing. I said that EXACTLY because there are differences they cannot be same category. If A330 and A350 are not the same MX category, and they have fewer differences between them, than such a different aircraft as A320 and CSeries ditto.

My bad. My mind was on the "acquiring and rebranding" part. Otherwise you are completely right :). 

Will we see a change in AS? I guess its easy to swap it and make it an Airbus A220, its just cosmetic ? 

I guess we will need to wait for the next data patch for this, it’s not all that important so I would say it will be adjusted when E90 E2, MAX 9 come online…

I guess we will need to wait for the next data patch for this, it's not all that important so I would say it will be adjusted when E90 E2, MAX 9 come online...

I'm tired of waiting for these new planes...

Nothing against AS, I'm just impatient

I'm tired of waiting for these new planes...

Nothing against AS, I’m just impatient

Lol me too.

Shockingly cheap sale to Jetblue, for a rumored $25m USD per frame. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-13/jetblue-got-discount-of-up-to-72-on-airbus-a220s-moody-s-says

A220 will take some getting used too, Airbus made a brilliant move by taking the C-Series, 

Boeing and Embraer are already tied up in the Military side of things I believe, I know Boeing had some involvement with the Super Tucano, interesting to see how things play out. But I wouldn't like to see a merger, 

It’s a done thing, Boeing will be taking over 80% stake at Embraer Commercial via a joint venture.