E190 'available seats' changes on return flights

Hi all.

New player, probably a relatively 'newbie' question!

I have decided, as I live next to London City airport, to base an airline there. As the majority of planes that fly in and out are E190s, I decided to do some Aircraft Type Evaluations to check the 'available seats' load.

What I was confused about is this: Any short-haul flight to Europe (i.e Belfast, Nice, Zurich, Berlin, Milan, Glasgow etc) shows a full load of available seats (102) on the outbound flight from LCY to these airports, but, on every flight on the way back, the load halves (48) with no seemingly discernible differences to any other statistic (and of course, I have flown full E190 flights back into LCY myself). 

To compare, Bombardier C300 does not changes it's 'available seats' on either it's flight in or out of the airport.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and answers.

Because of aircraft performance… Too short runway for regular E190. Regular E190 is not able to lift payload required to carry 104 pax out of LCY. You need to use E190 SR.

Because of aircraft performance... Too short runway for regular E190. Regular E190 is not able to lift payload required to carry 104 pax out of LCY. You need to use E190 SR.

Thanks for your response. It seems to be fine to take people OUT of LCY but not INTO LCY. But this would make sense either way. Thanks, much appreciated.

Difference in takeoff vs landing runway length requirements.

Try the SR varient.