Announcement: New game world this Friday!

We're working on a new kind of game world, that is supposed to start later this year - but it's still a bit of a wait for now.

But we wanted to also let you enjoy a fresh game world in the mean time. So this Friday we're starting an additional time-limited game world!

See you then - have a good week!

Is it going to be new and used aircraft or just new because it just getting very repetitive with just new aircraft . ?

I don't have the complete config yet, but I think there'll be some used aircraft for you this time. :)

I don't have the complete config yet, but I think there'll be some used aircraft for you this time. :)

If this is the case then brilliant!! I will look forward to it :)

Excellent news!

Will stock market be available?

Nope, don't expect IPOs to be available again in the future.

Nope, don't expect IPOs to be available again in the future.

Can i ask why? 

Because it seems to be the main conduit of cheating

But without stock exchange, the game is much less fun...

Then go for a server which offers you the solution you prefer the most

But without stock exchange, the game is much less fun...

Spezialist is right: stock exchange makes cheating so easy, especially for the big companies. No IPOs in future is a very good idea…

We decided to not have IPOs on new game worlds due to both cheating and gameplay reasons. I think there was a bit of explanation about it in the blog entry when Hoover was launched.

The stock exchange is already heavily restricted in the game, yet still poses a lot of issues. Yes, we could tighten some game rules even more and impose technical limitations were possible, but that would make it even less of an actual stock market.

In essence, it's not a properly working feature anymore, yet still causes troubles - so it just didn't seem wise to still introduce a broken feature on new game worlds.

But we do know that it would still be nice to be able to buy and sell airlines or make investments or support other airlines. So instead, the fact that we're not having IPOs anymore, opens up the possibility to have a replacement feature in the future, that incorporates the gameplay options we want without the current drawbacks. 

Understandable, I like the stock exchange so I will stay on older world. Its a shame that people cheat. 

What time will the new world be accessible? 

There’s is usually no official time, because launching a new server isn’t an every day thing. Sometimes everything works like a charm, sometimes there’s some issues.

But anywhere between noon and late afternoon is the most common thing, if I remember correctly.

Ok, thanks for that! 

Any news on when the server is up?

Should be launching in an hour or so, preparations are almost complete.

Loving the new server so far!

Airline is Lufthagen out of FRA, feel free to send IL requests!