Connecting Flights; Competitors vs Your Own

hey, I was just wondering if connection flights can help with increasing demand. What I mean is for example;

My Hub is Montevideo, Uruguay, so I have many flights departing from the airport.

If I fly Buenos Aires - Montevideo at the same time as my competitor, same pricing, same everything basically (maybe different aircrafts), seeing as the passengers will want to potentially connect to my airline's other flights leaving Montevideo, will I have a comptetitive advantage (increased demand) seeing as they won't want to change airlines, or will they not care and be a random choice between my competitor and me seeing as the only thing that changes is the enterprise (and with it, the image of the line/airlines)

If all factors are EXACTLY the same then you won’t have an advantage or disadvantage

If all factors are EXACTLY the same then you won’t have an advantage or disadvantage

ALL factors are the same, exept for the fact that it is my hub, therefore I offer connections, either way?

For pax traveling only BUE-MVD, there will not be any difference. You will also get passengers who will travel BUE-MVD-XXX, and of course your competitor (who I presume is Argentinean company) will not have those passengers because he cannot fly MVD-XXX.

In other words, in Airlinesim you get passengers who fly A-B, X-A-B, A-B-Y, X-A-B-Y.

Now let’s assume there are passengers who want to fly BRC-XXX-GRU. They can fly BRC-EZE-GRU on your competitor or BRC-MVD-GRU on your airline. Here the preference is determined by ORS ratings of individual flights making the connecting trip, as well as the total trip time. Let’s say all individual flights are rated the same in ORS, but your MVD connection total trip time is 30 minute shorter than connection of that trip via EZE (trip time), therefore you will have better rating on that connection trip and will technically get more passengers booking your flight on BRC to GRU demand.

For pax traveling only BUE-MVD, there will not be any difference. You will also get passengers who will travel BUE-MVD-XXX, and of course your competitor (who I presume is Argentinean company) will not have those passengers because he cannot fly MVD-XXX.

In other words, in Airlinesim you get passengers who fly A-B, X-A-B, A-B-Y, X-A-B-Y.

Now let’s assume there are passengers who want to fly BLC-XXX-GRU. They can fly BRC-EZE-GRU on your competitor or BRC-MVD-GRU on your airline. Here the preference is determined by ORS ratings of individual flights making the connecting trip, as well as the total trip time. Let’s say all individual flights are rated the same in ORS, but your MVD CONNECTION trip time is 30 minute shorter than connection of that trip via Eze (trip time), therefore you will have better rating on that connection trip and will technically get more passengers booking your flight on BRC to GRU demand.

Thank you very much, really helped me out!

Also, anyone know where I can check how many pax connect vs how many have final destination set in first flight?

Yes, in the flight details calculation. Click on the triangle at the right hand side to see a profit calculation. At the top you find how many passengers booked, connected from you or IL partners.

And no, you can’t see where from/to they came from or go to.