Banked vs. De-Banked Hub

I have about 1200+ departures from my main hub, and now have enough aircraft to serve all of my destinations individually (one plane per destination, multiple flights daily). What do you all think about de-banking a hub? My slots are getting a little crowded at certain times during the day.

Create new waves at the times when slots are plenty.

Here's what it looks like now, I was just thinking I could break up my flights into short, medium, long and have one aircraft assigned to each. I may not get the short connections I have now, though.

Just create a new set of waves inbetween the current ones. 

Here's what it looks like now, I was just thinking I could break up my flights into short, medium, long and have one aircraft assigned to each. I may not get the short connections I have now, though.

Right now, I would argue your hub isn’t exactly fully banked. Those arrivals at 1830 don’t really link up to anything, nor do your arrivals at 2300 - 0100.

Skip the hub waves for your short distance flights! So you can squeeze in more flights and earn more money, and you avoid slot problems. If you have so many flights per route (more than 4-6 per day), there is always a connection without waves. One exception: If your short haul fligths are booked mainly as feeder for intercontinental flights, waves are helpful. Check it out on the info page of your flights.

I never use hub waves in markets with huge domestic demand, I just let each plane shuttle on one route. That makes things easier and cheaper.