Getting those connecting pax

Hey everyone,

I just set up my third attempt at an airline, and this time, I'm having an issue getting connecting passengers. I set up a couple of banked waves for medium-haul flights and scheduled my domestic flights to arrive just over an hour before those waves, as well as having a constant stream of domestic flights throughout the day. However, I'm barely getting any connecting passengers for my medium-haul flights - maybe one or two in a wave - despite all of this. Am I doing something wrong here, or what else might be the issue?

My airline on Templehof is here.

Cheers!

all your flights are not going to start before September 6th, so you obviously only activated your flight plans last night.

only flights (and thus connections) are being considered by pax that arrive within the next 72 hours (not depart, but when the last leg arrives). so should there actually be a noteworthy demand on the relations you offer, they might simply not have been available for booking to pax yet. (and after a closer look: there should only be one flight on the CDG rotation available at all, as there is no SVO flight in the next three days at all

also - although I want to make clear that I do not know that market - I wouldn't expect to high a demand on these routes. there are no real life flights from DAM to either SVO nor CDG. from that region,

last but not least and after actually taken a closer look:

reasonable connections for pax from SVO and CDG: Aleppo, Amman, Dubai

from Dubai: Aleppo, Istanbul and KAC (wherever that is)

I sincerely doubt, there is any demand but on the Dubai route, however, there will be plenty of direct flights available, so you get a very small piece of the pie

Also note, that your image first has to build up, which will take a couple of days. Right now you will have a much lower rating and thus attract less passengers.

I barely find a “green” connection in the ORS. So there can’t be many connecting pax.

Please pay attention to the location of your hub. It should ideally be situated in the geographical center of your routes. Yours is situated south of most destinations.

all your flights are not going to start before September 6th, so you obviously only activated your flight plans last night.

only flights (and thus connections) are being considered by pax that arrive within the next 72 hours (not depart, but when the last leg arrives). so should there actually be a noteworthy demand on the relations you offer, they might simply not have been available for booking to pax yet. (and after a closer look: there should only be one flight on the CDG rotation available at all, as there is no SVO flight in the next three days at all

also - although I want to make clear that I do not know that market - I wouldn't expect to high a demand on these routes. there are no real life flights from DAM to either SVO nor CDG. from that region,

last but not least and after actually taken a closer look:

reasonable connections for pax from SVO and CDG: Aleppo, Amman, Dubai

from Dubai: Aleppo, Istanbul and KAC (wherever that is)

I sincerely doubt, there is any demand but on the Dubai route, however, there will be plenty of direct flights available, so you get a very small piece of the pie

Thanks for the response, Yukawa. Guess I should've been more patient. How does the schedule structure look overall, though?

About the airports - I'm not sure how closely AS matches IRL, or how recent their data is. I tried to go based off of what I know - prior to the sanctions, SyrianAir flew to pretty much all European capitals and tourist destinations, and they currently fly a widebody on the DAM-DXB route. I probably need to experiment more with destinations to see which has high demand.

Also note, that your image first has to build up, which will take a couple of days. Right now you will have a much lower rating and thus attract less passengers.

Fair, I wasn't clear on how much of an impact that had. 

I barely find a "green" connection in the ORS. So there can't be many connecting pax.

Please pay attention to the location of your hub. It should ideally be situated in the geographical center of your routes. Yours is situated south of most destinations.

Yeah, currently I'm stuck with Amman and Dubai as my southern destinations. I'm definitely going to need to experiment more.