A few realistic idea suggestions

Hello...these suggestions might already be in place though I do not see them:

1) Interest revenue: There should be some income happening here from our fleet security deposits?  I would think when Toronto Lease Holding has 7 million of my money being held I'm entitled to some interest income...this is how NY City apartment rental leases are actuated, and I would think it may be so in aircraft leasing of such a high dollar amount?

2) Individual Fleet Profit/Loss: I would like to click a link that shows me my individual plane's P&L for the day, with historical data...this very well may already exists and I am unaware of how to do this?

3) Since IPO's are not available to deter cheating...how about some other limited corporate bond issuing, which can help us expand more quickly but limits what can be raised. With the game ending in less than a year, it would be nice to see if we can get to Legacy status and I think the only way this can be accomplished is through some other funding options...Maybe we should be allowed to sell some limited ownership, similar to how an S Corp can raise cash by bringing in 75 partners. Keep restrictions tight on the amounts, and give us a real chance to get to Legacy tier.

4) I would also like to know if real time weather for the day is, or can be incorporated into the game? It would be nice to see the weather challenges that happen in reality incorporated into the game...Maybe they are...I don't know....thanks!

5) Restrict US domestic carriers from using certain foreign planes... A simulator is supposed to be simulating reality...and theres not much reality in a US based carrier using Russian planes...they are significantly cheaper, but (to the best of my knowledge) not used in the USA. Keep their use restricted, please.

5) Restrict US domestic carriers from using certain foreign planes... A simulator is supposed to be simulating reality...and theres not much reality in a US based carrier using Russian planes...they are significantly cheaper, but (to the best of my knowledge) not used in the USA. Keep their use restricted, please.

You are correct that there aren't any russian planes in the US domestic market but I am not aware of a rule against it. The russian planes are much cheaper but they get compensated out in operating costs so they aren't really a cheaper alternative. Anyways the chance of any suggestion happening is minimal. 

A simulator is suppose to simulate the 'technical limits' of reality. The politics, the reasoning and personal decisions are left to you! If you get in an aircraft simulator as a trainee pilot, you could do loops and barrel rolls, you could stall the aircraft at will. You could push the limits of its tolerances and even even crash it for the heck of it! Those are decisions left to you!  The simulators job is to give you a realistic take on what it will demand and what will occur when it happens! A simulator is not designed to limit your choices or make decisions for you! The essence of an Airline simulator is to simulate a world which is devoid of the retarded 'political decisions' which often limits our world! Russian planes are cheaper AND they are also heavily limited in their capabilities in A/S (all thanks to the ubiquitous balancing acts). Apparently, this is still a cause of headache for some! The day that A/S becomes a place where politics and unmitigated sentiments becomes the rule, you can be rest assured that I, along with many others, will take a bow out! If I wanted to do exactly what prevailed in the world, what fun is that?? Are there not thousands of Boeing 737s doing long haul flights in the A/S world?? Does that happen in real life?? It is a choice! You should be free to pursue whatever concept works for you, as long as it is based on technical realities! Gosh! What a nonsensical suggestion!

I don't believe it to be nonsensical in any aspect! And I also don't believe it's a complete "political" choice why Russian planes are not used in the US market. Perhaps, they are not up to IATA standards? There has to be some good aspects of reality to this game, or it's simply a waste of my time. Since we are limited with respect to funds, why should an unrealistic player gain market share they would not have in any normal real situation.That's not nonsensical...that pure sense! I agree that everyone using 737's is redundant (I can't afford them). I do believe there are some great options between Boeing/Airbus/Embraer/and Bombard which are all realistic to the US market. I'm simply saying keep certain planes out (Russian) of the US to keep market share on a level playing field. Use all the Russian planes you want elsewhere!

I don't believe it to be nonsensical in any aspect! And I also don't believe it's a complete "political" choice why Russian planes are not used in the US market. Perhaps, they are not up to IATA standards? There has to be some good aspects of reality to this game, or it's simply a waste of my time. Since we are limited with respect to funds, why should an unrealistic player gain market share they would not have in any normal real situation.That's not nonsensical...that pure sense! I agree that everyone using 737's is redundant (I can't afford them). I do believe there are some great options between Boeing/Airbus/Embraer/and Bombard which are all realistic to the US market. I'm simply saying keep certain planes out (Russian) of the US to keep market share on a level playing field. Use all the Russian planes you want elsewhere!

To operate in USA, you need FAA certification. There's no much a thing call 'IATA standard'. There are aircraft not certificated by FAA therefore not able to be operated in US, but it really isn't a group of aircraft from one country. You can't just ban them as you want.

It will be a lengthy process if the certification rule is indeed applied. Someone needs to search for database for all countries and give a list for all the aircraft in game. I think it would really take times

Aha.

Why should Russian planes be allowed in other markets then? Are you just taking care about the US, your beloved super home country? Do you read what nonsense you are writing?

Would have been better to search the forum before writing your initial post. IPOs are limited on the newest servers, real time wheather would kill performance and everything else (beside your republican vote for US planes only) was already discussed. This is a waste of my time.

I'm simply saying keep certain planes out (Russian) of the US to keep market share on a level playing field. Use all the Russian planes you want elsewhere!

You are writing this as if Russian planes have vastly superior performance compared to any other manufacturer specifically in the US. That is neither true nor makes sense.

If you compare different aircraft's performance (not just the face value of it) you will see that Russian airplanes already have a number of drawbacks. The performance isn't on par and long delivery times will curb your growth significantly. Assuming no used aircraft are available, you can get almost 7 A320s in the time it takes to get 1 TU-204.

You can check the "aircraft type evaluation" tool to see the performance/capital cost comparison for yourself.

IATA has popped up a number of times. It is a trade organisation, ICAO is the regulatory body.

(...) There has to be some good aspects of reality to this game, or it's simply a waste of my time. (...)

What level of reality is good enough to not waste your time? Should planes in Seattle sometimes be hijacked and crashed? Should pilots call in sick so that the airplane is cancelled and you get an gigantic fine? See, AirlineSim reflect reality to a certain degree. But a simulator will never be realistic. Since when has normal people like us, been able to start a new airline and have succes within 2 weeks?

If you feel that the reality of AirlineSim right now is so bad, that it’s a waste of your time - then make a very smart decision.  :ph34r: 

In regard to your question no. 3.: Due to missing IPO, you want another option for company bonding, in order to grow faster. At the same time, you want more realism? You can lease 25 planes and start flying within 24 hours. Is that realistic? You want it faster than that? Is that realism?  :slight_smile:

Guys, move on! This space is a waste of time. He does not even know the basics of the game nor does he understand the various dynamics. He plays for 10 days and now feels he knows it all.

Just so as to educate you Mr RelaxAir, the only reason why Russian planes don’t fly in US space is political. First of all, there is no such thing as “International Certification” for Aircrafts! The only known international standards in Civil Aviation is what is called the ICAO noise abatement standards - these are the noise regulations standards described in Chapter 4 of Supplement 16 of ICAO manual. Otherwise, what you have are essentially nationally recognized certifications or regional certifications! However, generally speaking, most national governments agree to recognize the certification and standards of other countries or regions for international flights. For domestic use however, the plane would have to be certified to local standards. 

In the US, there are both the FAA and the CAA certifications, but these are not the only Certifications in the world (it is merely a standard defined by the US government for US and by extension North American applications). The specific certification in question in this instance is the FAA's FAR-25 also known as the Airworthiness Standards: transport category Airplanes.

In Europe, most national aviation certifications have been merged to create a regional unifying standard called the European Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA) certification. In more recent years, this certification process is being handled and administered by European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). Under the current dispensation the specific Airworthiness Standards certification is called JAR-25. Airbus products are obviously certified to this standard.

As was in the former USSR, Russia along with other member states of CIS have their aviation certification standard handled by one agency - a Russian/CIS Agency called the Interstate Aviation Committee (IAC). the CIS/Russian Agency’s specific Airworthiness Standards certification is called AP-25. Since the late 1990’s and early 2000’s, the AP-25 has been harmonized as much as possible with FAR-25 and JAR-25.

Most modern Russian planes are certified to AP-25 standards and thus by extension is deemed competent to operate anywhere in the world! Of recent, planes like the Sukhoi SSJ100 aand the MC-21 have also been made to undergo JAR-25 (so as to win European markets) which is already closely unified with the Russian AP-25 anyway! I do not see anyone questioning the competence of the A320 family on the basis that it was not certified by FAA, do I???. Just so that you know, Americans generally have a problem buying other nation’s product except for European products (which finally made a breakthrough in the 80s).The Ilyushion IL-96M was certified by FAA. Boeing killed it politically just like they tried to kill Bombardier C series politically.

Having said all this, I think it is waste of time explaining to anyone who does not even understand the basics, nor does he appreciate the incredible opportunities provided by A/S to explore a world unencumbered with political and insular considerations. 

Thank you for your suggestions and no thanks!

3) Since IPO's are not available to deter cheating...how about some other limited corporate bond issuing, which can help us expand more quickly but limits what can be raised. With the game ending in less than a year, it would be nice to see if we can get to Legacy status and I think the only way this can be accomplished is through some other funding options...Maybe we should be allowed to sell some limited ownership, similar to how an S Corp can raise cash by bringing in 75 partners. Keep restrictions tight on the amounts, and give us a real chance to get to Legacy tier.

This is why Ellinikon game world is the best, its the latest full blown game world with IPOs, has the most players and there is far less cheating on it. 

Dear Midas02,

Thank you for sharing your divine wisdom with me, and for educating me on air worthiness certification. I feel blessed to have such a knowledgable self righteous individual take the time to set me straight. You certainly are the all wise and great gift to aviation. But you seem to have much to say to no one, after writing "Guys, move on! This space is a waste of time".  I'm sure you work 40 hours plus overtime in the vocation and come home and spend the rest of your free time on AS, so your word is that of the all-knowing.  As for your comment showing significant ignorance that all Americans are Republicans (I see you deleted this out), you need to read up on American party division (I'm the farthest from a GOP member you can get!). 

As for keeping the simulator based on current aspects, I agree it should be more of a total unrealistic fantasy (like your life probably is). I recently purchased a football simulator that lets you utilize six downs, plus you only have to go five yards for a first down. So you are correct, Russian planes should def be allowed in the US market for the simulator because this is common. And again thank you for sharing your wisdom. One thing though, I can't seem to find where I posted something that says "International certification"!  As for your comment about understanding the basics, I recently graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Aviation Management. I apologize for incorrectly stating IATA instead of IACO...my bad.

Thanks for being there for the AS community!

What a pity they took out the DISLIKE button…

This thread isn’t really going anywhere constructive. Thread locked.

For questions, contact me directly.