Healthy daily profit.

Hi,

This has been my 11th day in Otto IV and now I have a fleet of 3 CS3 and a Q400, based in SE Asia. I fly regional routes (longest is 2260km only once daily) almost to the limit at around 120% left and stopped accepting cargo after the first week. My weekly expenses is around $1.02m while my income is at around $172k ($1.204m per week).

Question is, do you consider it as healthy and will I be able to grow? How could I expand with around $200k profit weekly? That means I could only add a Q400 every 6 days or a CS3 every 12 days. Also, my Q400 make around 200k weekly while the leasing cost is 120k. Again, is this normal or not?

It will be nice if you could give me some advice on how to increase my margin.

Thanks!

Depending on your load factor you can try to increase ticket price. If passengers end up not booking your flights I'd suggest to go for the AS typic high luxury cabin configurations / good service profiles. Forget what you see in reality, it does not apply here.

Depending on which seats you choose and how well your hub wave timing is set up you can ask for 50% over standard price. Again, key is connectivity because you can charge a premium with those low connection timings especially early in the game world. Pay attention to the minimum connection time at your hub.

You can probably aim for 40% margin or more depending on sector / maintenance ratio. Aircraft doing fewer but longer flights are usually more profitable than those with short routes but turboprops will have a worse rating due to low speed. You should stick to jets. 

Hi!

I‘m based in SE Asia as well on Otto IV but my airline is 20 days old.

I fly with 130% AS price and with a normal cabin config. (Leisure Plus in ECO und Recliner Shorthaul in Business). My load factor is about 100% (and this after the first booking wave).

Startet with 3 x A320neo light I have right now additional 3 x A220-300.

On an new world like Otto you dont need a full luxury cabin because the demand is greater than the seat offer.

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ve increased my price by around 20-30% from the default, which doubles my profit (50% margin lol!) and still got a 100% lf.

One more thing, how do the game decide who pays the min and max price? Did the normal booking cycle pax pays cheaper than the last minute pax or what?

Not sure I understand you question correctly. All passengers pay the same price that you set for the route. There is no difference in prices paid, regardless of the booking cycle.

If you change the price on a route, the already booked flights are charged with the old price. If this was your question.

Think of your prices as the average price all pax pay. Some pay more, a few get a nice discount, but the prices you set are averaged.

Not sure I understand you question correctly. All passengers pay the same price that you set for the route. There is no difference in prices paid, regardless of the booking cycle.

If you change the price on a route, the already booked flights are charged with the old price. If this was your question.

Well, Matth answered it perfectly :D

I got a bit confused at first because there is a minimum ticket price column if you click on 'detail' in the Load Monitoring page

Think of your prices as the average price all pax pay. Some pay more, a few get a nice discount, but the prices you set are averaged.

I got a bit confused at first because there is a minimum ticket price column if you click on 'detail' in the Load Monitoring page

Ah ok. That price is the lowest price that is allowed to be charged by a player to prohibit dumping practices. It is calculated from the direct costs of the flight (i.e. no staff/leasing/maintenance). 

As per game rules:

<span>3.4</span>&nbsp;<span>Price Dumping</span>

Ticket prices must be at least the same as the direct cost, it is prohibited to price tickets lower than this. Direct costs include: Handling (Passenger, Cargo, Aircraft), Catering, Fuel, ATC Charges and Landing Fees.

Hi! Sorry for bumping, but I guess it's better than making a new thread for this.

I just started another airline at Stapleton in SE Asia, the country was basically empty for several days after I made my airline and it was fun. Until some big established player starts invading that country with their subsidiaries and ruins everything :(

Anyway, my question is this. I have the only non-stop flight from my hub to PVG (2 big cities), with 4 bar service and Leisure/Recliner LH config. I forgot to raise the pilot salaries and now they have a negative mood which kinda ruins my ORS rating (How? Intentionally doing a hard landing? Flying through a turbulence?) to around 45 and put me on the 3rd page of the ORS (with an average LF of 10%), along with the 2 stop option. How could this be possible? I thought a non-stop flight is preferable than a connecting flight, thus will increase the former's ORS rating.

Not that is has much to do with a healthy daily profit, but…

Your staff mood is certainly important, but it’s only one factor of multiple. Aircraft type and age, seats, service, company image also contribute. While it takes a while for your crew to become happy pilots again you might want to focus on the other areas.

It is most likely due to service profile. On any flights over 1500km, you should have second meal. The rating used in computation is not based on bars, but a hidden value that is probably not bounded.

Also, what is the price? With your seat settings you probably need to discount price from default. But I strongly suggest having better seatings and charge higher price. RS/FB is what I use for short-medium haul fleets.

Company image contributes a bit,but not going to cause ORS ratings at 45.