Very Low ORS level affects total traffic?

I have assumed for a long time that the ORS rating does not effect the total traffic between airports, but only how traffic is distributed between competitions.

However a recent tiral on a small airline shows opposite.

Between ANC and AUK (a very small airstrip in Alaska), I see full booking with default price and 33 ORS. However, I see no booking at all with maximum price and -33 ORS. There are no competition based on ORS search. Also, two airports are not connected by ground network.

My hypothesis is as follows:

1. If ORS is below 0, no traffic between two airports. If over 0, total traffic is at fixed level. 

2. Total traffic between city pairs is dependent to maximum ORS between airport pairs .

Any thoughts on this?

You will not get any booking with negative ORS. Try it with ORS 60 and ORS 99. 5hen you can do conclusions.

You will not get any booking with negative ORS. Try it with ORS 60 and ORS 99. 5hen you can do conclusions.

I have set up the test case in Bahamas. As far as I have checked, no connection including ground network have demand over 0 ORS rating. The result should be out tomorrow.

I have assumed for a long time that the ORS rating does not effect the total traffic between airports, but only how traffic is distributed between competitions.

Any thoughts on this?

That is absolutely correct.

“Red” (negatively rated) connections don’t receive bookings.

I have checked the FPO-NAS airport pair. With all ground networks negative, I have checked that there are 383Y/68C per booking cycle, and the booking number is independent of ORS rating (10 vs 66).

Hope this will be helpful for those operating in remote and marginal markets.

Apparently, the suckers will rather stay home than suffer undue deprivation in the hands of uncaring airlines.  :D  :D  :P

Interesting how you think of your paying clients. Hope they don’t read along here :wink:

Interesting how you think of your paying clients. Hope they don't read along here ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :P 

Willing to wager they will never come here! They eat too much, love too much beer and drinks in flight and never willing to pay premium - ever looking for cheap tickets! They whine all the time and demand far too many flight attendants just to keep them happy. On top of all these, they only love expensive planes and never appreciate the joy of flying beautiful old metals! They suck! I am only in it for the money. Hopefully I will become a billionaire. 

:stuck_out_tongue:

What a strange bunch are your customers. Mine are willing to pay premium for wine and dine on board and for travelling in spacious seats. And if they use 5 star lounges (terminals) the premium they are willing to pay is hefty. But my customers share some similarities to yours, they like new planes and aircraft must be in spotless condition or they start to badmouth the airline on social networks. Imagine Doctor Dao but 10 times worse. And yes, they do love many young flight attendants as well…

Interesting how you think of your paying clients. Hope they don't read along here ;)

Passengers are commodities when you have a monopoly :) Even a crappy turboprop is better than swimming :P