Demand PER-HBA

Hey guys, quick question. I have a hub in PER, decent feeder on the Oz Westcoast ... however, my connection to HBA has 0 pax, but 60% cargo at 100% price level. Scheduling shows working connecting in/outbound traffic.

Is there something I'm missing on why there are no pax at all? Even at smaller airports I get some pax. But 0 seems .... odd. Thanks

Check if there are any connections in real life. If not, you have the answer.

And make sure the ORS rating is positive, overall. Maybe you forget to assign a service profile or, due to other reasons, get a negative rating

I had the same problem: Demand to Perth is quite weird. To Hobart I also had 0 pax (same to New Zealand).

Is PER as a hub really a good idea, a city at the edge to nowhere?

Check if there are any connections in real life. If not, you have the answer.

Not necessarily true. Many connections on AS do not necessarily reflect real life connections or situations. 

The two airports are in the same country and I checked to see what connections are working on ORS. It seems SYD has very good traffic with HBA. I would suggest you look at ORS connections and compare. You may also have very specific market traffic from that airport to only East coast airports. I would suggest you try to lower prices to 70% just to see what happens. If nothing then it is certain that you may have to route your flight via an East coast airport to get passengers.

We are talking about direct routes. So it is quite simple to check if there is demand in real-life. If not most likely there will not be demand also in AS.real demand data are the base for the simulation.

Virgin Australia flies this route

Then there might be other reasons (like yukawa pointed out). Or there is a problem with PER (you may find a thread from ImperatorNero in the forum).

I do believe it is not like:

Real life = AirlineSim

Even if there is a real life service, it does not automatically mean, that there is direct demand for that route in the game (and vice versa). I would assume, that PER is a bit a special case where you can see how the demand is distributed among airports in a country over distance. Given that PER is quite lonely from all other big airports, I somehow feel, it gets a bit left out and has therefore "weird" demand compared to other airports, where the AS simplification is working more like expected.

But that is just my personal guess.

PER will make an excellent hub for an airline specializing in intercontinental flights to and from Australia. This would be especially true with flights originating from Africa, India, Middle-east and Southeast Asia. These intercontinental flights will most often be connected through the PER hub to eastern Australia, New Zealand and Oceania. The hub will also enjoy a lot of opportunities for point to point business model. To really grow large, I suppose such an Airline would have to mix the two models (Point to point AND hub and spoke). I love challenging locations.

As far as the PER - HBA connection goes, I will suggest poster tries a via flight (if he really wants to fly there). It is likely that the combination just happens to be one of those inevitable dead zones (software algorithm is not perfect). It is possible it might be different in other worlds where the traffic out of HBA to East coast cities may be lacking - naturally PER may then become an outlet.