Charged Too much for Salary

I have just lost one of my leased planes because $472,000 was charged for wages instead of the $272,000 that was showing on the dashboard page which put me 120k overdrawn. In short I had increased my 'next weeks' wages on the advice of someone from this forum to get my staff mood to 5 bars. Now that worked but it was showing that the 472k would come out on the week ending 4.12 as it was showing that 272k would come out week ending 27.11.

So are we paying salary in advance because if not then this clearly looks like a bug to me.

Cash flow section calculates wages as Current Staff x Last Week Wage.

Cash flow section calculates wages as Current Staff x Last Week Wage.

Then it is a bug unless I am missing something here. It stated that coming the 27.11 that 272k for wages. Now after your advice the other day regarding doubling my wages to get from 1 bar to 5 bar (which I followed your advice) the staff wages were showing as something like 472k for next week and the calculator was showing as 272k for 27.11. So why was I charged the following weeks salary instead of what they were already earning?

Because you are paying this week’s salary this week and not next week. You adjust wage, that’s what you pay on next week end closing. Whatever cash flow shows is based on last week’s wage for the category , not current wage for the upcoming week end closing

Because you are paying this week's salary this week and not next week. You adjust wage, that's what you pay on next week end closing. Whatever cash flow shows is based on last week's wage for the category , not current wage for the upcoming week end closing

Okay sorry I am not properly understanding.  So as of now, week ending 4.12 is showing as $487,420 and my current salary that I am paying for this week is $487.420. Now let's say I increase everyone's wages by 20% that would make next weeks total salary become $584,904 although the week ending 4.12 will still show $487,420. So what figure would I be expecting to pay come 4.12? $584 or $487?

Thank you but can you please explain to me why the week ending 4.12 still shows as 487? Me not understanding how the salary is paid has cost me dearly as I lost 1 aircraft.

The cash flow on the dashboard is not properly updated whenever you make some changes like change salaries or hire additional staff.

Is it a bug? Possibly. It’s known but never changed. And once you are aware of it, it’s not much of a problem anymore. You were unlucky and got burned.

The cash flow on the dashboard is not properly updated whenever you make some changes like change salaries or hire additional staff.

Is it a bug? Possibly. It’s known but never changed. And once you are aware of it, it’s not much of a problem anymore. You were unlucky and got burned.

I would say it was a bug considering that when I gave them that huge increase that they still stayed at 1 bar and only jumped to 5 bars once the new salary was taken on the 27.11. I reckon that if you had the salary all week at say 227k and then 5 mins before teh game is due to take out the salary, you change it to a higher amount then it is the higher amount that will be deducted. Frustrating being a new player being burned by something that could be easily avoided by the game simply displaying correct calculations.

Simply too tightly calculated?

Believe me - that happened many if not all players but only once. Keep some money for unknown reasons in your bank and it will never happen again. As derpendja said, your calculation was perhaps a bit too tight.

Believe me - that happened many if not all players but only once. Keep some money for unknown reasons in your bank and it will never happen again. As derpendja said, your calculation was perhaps a bit too tight.

My calculation was fine if it had taken what was showing on the list that it would take. I actually monitored at 3 different intervals for 3 days to work out if I could afford to purchase the CJR900 and I had worked out that I could afford it just! Well that was of course me not taking into account the salary bug that I knew nothing about. It's better to have the money working for you than to have it sitting in the bank doing nothing, which is why I purchased that CJR900. Yes it was tight, but it was correct if it were not for that bug. Anyway perhaps next time someone advises a newbie (not you highscore2) to double the wages it might be a good idea to also warn them to expect the new salary to come out at the end of the week :)

I guess if you take out the calculator, you quickly realise the miss match between the salary shown on the "Personel Management - Next week salary total" and the one shown on the "financial schedule".

Don´t worry, soon you will have gained enough money to get the CRJ900 (or whatever) you lost. And it is better to have your costs spread out.

But everything is fine... it was a bittery lesson. We have ALL gone through it.

Multiple times. It may seem that I am a newbie but I am not - playing here for more than 3 years but changed my name a couple of weeks back.

And yes, I had this issue at least 5 times. And it may come over me again... but now I bite myself before spending the money in the second half of the week. It hurts but not as much as sometimes to loose a plane.

Don´t worry, soon you will have gained enough money to get the CRJ900 (or whatever) you lost. And it is better to have your costs spread out.

Yeah I have enough money to buy it but am now thinking to lease a larger plane, probably the A220-300.