Stock market: Going private/

I think the issue mostly applies only to the old airlines. Going to the stock market was one option to finance your airline and also once to generate a income for the holding through the dividend. Now with switching planes at no charge you could still pay a dividend to your holding, but it is a trancaction that is not the best option.

I propose two features for companies listed on the stock market:

1. Going Private: When a company owns 100% (or less if a squeeze out is possible) of a listed company it can take the company of the stock exchange and it is treated as a company that never was at the stock market. In real life, this would also be the case since it would not make any sense to keep it listed (if you are not intending to sell the company right away). Later on, the company can go public again. So you have as a side effect that the stock market can be used a tool to finance.
  2. Dividend: The dividend to be payed should be variable. Which would also make sense to reflect the real life. A company that is growing would rather reinvest than paying dividends which is also in favor of the share holders, since their gain would be a higher growth and this would boost the market price of their shares. If you want to boost your stock market price in the short run, you set the dividend higher or pay an extra to the shareholders.

I know that especially the second proposal is a little bit tricky in terms of cheating but I did not wanted to leave it out.

Both had been suggested multiple times in the past.

And in light of the fact that the team has stated that the Stock Market will not be in new worlds moving forward. It’s pretty much a dead issue.