Less pax after change of cabin config

Hi all,

I have a route for which I used a seat configuration with 18 business class seats, however, after one demand calculation the seats were already filled. So I changed it to a configuration with 36 business class seats, since I figured the demand for business class is high. However, now only 4-6 business passengers fill up seats after one demand calculation. What makes that enormous decrease happen?

Thanks.

Over-supply

No, oversupply is not the answer to having 18 before, 6 bookings now.

My question is : Did you keep the same seat type or not? My guess would be you did not, I would say you had installed a smaller seat, so now your ratings went down and now you no longer qualify to receive the amount of bookings you used to get.

Well, I, obviously, assumed the same seat type.

Over-supply could very well be the answer. There might be new conpetition. Honestly, though, I was refering to his potential over-supply, but did indeed missed the part, where the numbers mentioned were after only one more booking cycle. I assumed it was after two or three days, then six or seven a flight could very well be due to his own supply and lack of demand

I have the same seat type and there isn’t any new competition, the only competition has been there for a long time. When I check the flight rating it doesn’t show any changes either.

Also it only happens on the return flight, so the other flight is again, after one booking cycle, fully booked.

Did you check competition in ORS? Just because there is no one on the same route doesn’t mean there is no conpetition

Did you actually make sure the demand distribution time of the airport in question has passed plus that of the airports within the ground network?

Did you add other potential connections that fill up the planes your pax were taking before, reducing the number of transfer pax on the inboubd flight?

Never trust booking numbers in the first 48 hours (more actually) as certain connections might not have been available during the first 24 hours and thus yield misleadibg results that even out over tine

There is one competitor, but he has been there for quite a while. I have waited for more than 48 hours, so there has been plenty of time for connecting flights, trains etc. to book the flight. I did not add any other connections, although I removed one, might be that’s the reason.