The new long term game world

Any update on when this will be and what configuration? Looking forward to it. I just hope its a bog standard game world.

We've got no date ready to announce yet, but if all goes to plan, the new game world should be running by Christmas.

I can't announce any configuration details either, but I'd say: Don't worry, it's not gonna be like Quimby ;)

Hello...great simulator...I have some ideas that I wish the programmers would consider...just to make it more real (though I know certain players are going to hate these ideas because it hinders progress and whose interest is in having 100% booked all the time, which in and itself isn't real). 

1) Start up slots...this is an area I wish was more difficult to obtain...the reality of a new airline getting the best slots at LAX, JFK, etc etc is difficult...I wish we had to earn these slots as well. Make us start at smaller airports. This brings a climb up the ladder aspect to game.

2) Start up capital...raising money is a integral part of starting an airline...it doesn't have to be an IPO...but there should be some challenges to raising cash.

3) Current Weather conditions...I see the fuel prices are in real time...is there a way to implement real time weather conditions into the game? I think it's more fun and challenging to not simply have perfect conditions all the time...it appears players do not leave themselves room for error and simply expand without fear of the unknown happening. When a snowstorm hits an area and there are cancellations I would love to see this reflected into the game, and we as players need to have the available cash to offset this. I see players expanding so rapidly it seems the real challenge is missed.

4) Options for fuel hedging...I do not see any manipulation of fuel available to us, and with fuel such a significant expense it would be nice to challenge us with options.

Maybe these ideas are not ideal to certain players, but the simulator we used in college provided these aspects and it made the game more real. Thanks!

This section is not the right section for suggestions. Can you open a new thread please instead of hijacking this thread please?

Thanks.

I’m curious, now that Brazil is officially an “Open Investment” country in the real world, will this be reflected in the next long term world?

That would be interesting. I’d imagine everyone and his cousin would want to set up shop there.

It’s not going to be investment open in AS

It's not going to be investment open in AS

Probably correct, it’s a large market, as I well know, and it would make South America a playground for mega Airlines.

I hope its not the same as Hoover. Something like Riem with reduced demand would be interesting.

hasn't it already been said, at least for the most part? it will be more or less like hoover.

Quantos créditos vai custar por dia?

I’m curious, now that Brazil is officially an “Open Investment” country in the real world, will this be reflected in the next long term world?

Not quite true, still to be ratified by the Brazilia senate.

It's not going to be investment open in AS

Probably correct, it’s a large market, as I well know, and it would make South America a playground for mega Airlines.

We have no intention to add Brazil as a country with unrestricted market access for exactly that reason. When we launched Hoover a year ago, we decided to chose those countries purely from a game-play perspective and therefore took several large countries off the list - adding Brazil now wouldn't make sense in that regard.

In short: The list for unrestricted market access and the upcoming game world will be same as on Hoover.

Quantos créditos vai custar por dia?

Just like all future long-term game worlds, the credit consumption will be 6 credits per day for the first holding.

Oh wow, 6 credits a day? That’s not very student friendly :frowning:

Can we have a student discount, please? :smiley:

that is the student discount and everyone is getting it without having to show their student ID

We have no intention to add Brazil as a country with unrestricted market access for exactly that reason. When we launched Hoover a year ago, we decided to chose those countries purely from a game-play perspective and therefore took several large countries off the list - adding Brazil now wouldn't make sense in that regard.

In short: The list for unrestricted market access and the upcoming game world will be same as on Hoover.

Just like all future long-term game worlds, the credit consumption will be 6 credits per day for the first holding.

Pretty much what I assumed, but thank you for the confirmation!

Any idea of the time this will drop tomorrow?

Probably some time in the afternoon (CET)... can't really make any predictions though.

Can’t waaaaaaait.

With all the negativity on the forums, gives me an opportunity to settle in a nice hub

If we actually get it today been refreshing the game worlds screen every 10 mins for the last few hours now