Rapid Airline Growth

Quick question.  Have been on AS for several years and I still can't work out how some airlines grow so fast.  For example, it takes me weeks, months even to add additional aircraft to my fleet, however, I note, some airlines manage to have 30+ expensive aircraft within a few weeks!  For example, I see that one player already has 30+ A350 in their fleet.  I'm trying to work out how on earth they manage it!

They read the msg board and successfully use the search function

Except for learning from the forum, they have a good business model and plan. Usually, they overcharge a bit and operate with extreme efficiency to get every last $. Imo anything below 50% profit ratio is a waste of time. 

Except for learning from the forum, they have a good business model and plan. Usually, they overcharge a bit and operate with extreme efficiency to get every last $. Imo anything below 50% profit ratio is a waste of time. 

Damn I'm running with my 30% profit and I thought that was good :blink:

And most importantly, if that is your objective, they always locate themselves in an easy market (notably USA, China, EU and possibly Russia). The demand and possibilities on A/S are endless in those markets,

For example, I see that one player already has 30+ A350 in their fleet.  I'm trying to work out how on earth they manage it!

Try again! How about 168 A350s between Sept 25 and now???  :D

That particular company has been reported by someone, so maybe it's time that the support will be given the chance to have a look at it (and maybe other similar cases while they are at it). They have much more data on it available to them.

I for one like transparency. And I do not mean that their strategy should be revealed to everyone if it is legit unless they want to do it themselves.

I don't care how much some will have you believe, insisting that there is some strategy - it is an impossible feat! (using normal means)

Today, OTTO game is just 85 days old! Yet, we are talking about 170 Airbus A350 acquisitions, …all from the same factory!

85 days is 2040 hours! Each plane requires 30 hours to build. Even if you found a sizable number available used (let us assume 50 units), this still leaves you with 120 units. This means from the very first day, you had 1.5 planes delivered per day (remember, each requires 30 hrs!). Beyond these, there is also the question of a new airline being able to afford $9 million every 15 hours or so. Not only that, this airline will also have enough left over cash to acquire 50 units of A350s slightly used (possibly more expensive too) in a giant swoop! Wow!!

No one is so good that they can compress time (we all use the same 24 hrs) and certainly, no one is so good that they mint money - no, not unless you are Santa Claus and rules don’t apply! 

Hooo ho ho ho ho  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Merry Christmas to you all!

So what is a good profit ratio in the first weeks, for a new airline? Between 50% and 60%?