Why is South America so difficult?

Hello people :slight_smile:

I was wondering something is it me or is South America In game worlds more difficult than any other region especially long haul. I’m testing out some airlines for the new long term game world but no success in my native continent :(. Asia, EU (to a degree) and north America no problem. Any suggestions? I’m mostly running a A350 with high luxury 2 class config

You need a large short- and medium-haul network before long-haul can succeed. That’s relatively easy in Europe, Asia and NA, but in SA most countries (except Brazil) have one big airport in the capital and then quite small airports otherwise, so building a large network is harder.

Also, unless you’re flying to Portugal or Spain, you probably won’t get much long-haul traffic anyway.

You need a large short- and medium-haul network before long-haul can succeed. That's relatively easy in Europe, Asia and NA, but in SA most countries (except Brazil) have one big airport in the capital and then quite small airports otherwise, so building a large network is harder.

Also, unless you’re flying to Portugal or Spain, you probably won’t get much long-haul traffic anyway.

Damm I thought so, since there no IPOS I feel that the old ’ get 1000 Deps before LH’ is kinda a long process as the next-gen strategies seems to be 351/350/788 luxury config and 180% pricing

Well I was talking generally, most of my experience comes from playing in long established worlds, where long-haul requires a large network to be successful.. If it's a new world where there are still few airlines and supply is much lower than demand, things might be different.

Really, South-America is difficult? Chile and Argentina are perfect countries to run an airline successfully. With a fleet of some A220, Suchoi Super Jets (for short runways) and A320-family you should get it. A350 with luxury cabin is not for beginners, you need a network to fill them up and they are expensive.

Really, South-America is difficult? Chile and Argentina are perfect countries to run an airline successfully. With a fleet of some A220, Suchoi Super Jets (for short runways) and A320-family you should get it. A350 with luxury cabin is not for beginners, you need a network to fill them up and they are expensive.

om not a beginner tho :) have been playing since 2015 and had very successful airlines in China and Japan(used the build up model) so I was just wondering how I can get a piece of the having 20+ A350s in 2 months ( I'm not complaning!) I'm just very impressed :)

South American long haul is not that hard. I had about 10 A330-300s flying long haul from Buenos Aires in competition with an other airline on all routes and still got great loads. The key is connections. To feed those 10 A350s I had to have 50 CRJ1000s covering the whole regions. Barbados and Panama are also a breeze for long haul. 

To be honest with you it was way easier to fill European flights from Argentina and Barbados than it was from Jakarta where I had over a million connecting passengers per week. Barbados barely needed any feed anyways something like 10 E jets where feeding 40 737s flying to Europe. But sure, you will never get the long haul possibilities that you get in EU, US but 20 A350s shouldn't be too hard with enough feeder. 

Hello people :)

I was wondering something is it me or is South America In game worlds more difficult than any other region especially long haul. I’m testing out some airlines for the new long term game world but no success in my native continent :(. Asia, EU (to a degree) and north America no problem. Any suggestions? I’m mostly running a A350 with high luxury 2 class config

Difficult???

Nah!.. Try doing 20 A350s in Sub-sahara Africa!  :D  :D  :stuck_out_tongue: