Frequently Asked (start-up) Questions

[size="2"][color="#1c2837"][color="#000000"][color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Support[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]If you find an error in the game (i.e. incorrect runway length, etc.), don’t report them in the forum. Instead, send an e-mail to support@airlinesim.aero. If possible, include a source (screenshot, description of your actions prior to the error), as this will make things easier for our support staff.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"] [/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Tutorial[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]There’s a tutorial, available in the Airlinesim wiki. As a new player, it’s highly recommended that you read this, as it takes you through all the steps, from registering to carrying out your first flights.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Traffic rights[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]The traffic rights for an airline are determined by the headquarters of the holding company. In general, passenger can be transported between any airport in the holding’s home country and any other airport in the world. There are exceptions to this general rule. Some countries are part of a treaty, granting additional rights to the member states. Currently, the following treaties exist in the game: [/size][/font][/color][color="#000099"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]EU treaty[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”], [/size][/font][/color][color="#000099"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]Yamoussoukro decision[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”], [/size][/font][/color][color="#000099"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]CARICOM 5th freedom[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”] and [/size][/font][/color][color="#000099"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]Oceanian Open Skies treaty[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”].[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Flights[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font=“Arial”][size=“2”]You have planned a flight but it doesn’t appear in the booked flights list? Please wait a little longer (normally no more than 30 minutes), until the next update “enter flights into ORS” has taken place. You can find the exact time at which this will take place in the game-status, found at the bottom of all in-game pages. When this update has taken place, your flights will have been booked into the system, but are still empty. You’ll now have to wait for the demand calculations to be carried out. You can find out when these take place by looking at each airport’s information page. Flights will only be booked into the system a minimum of 24 hours ahead of time, to ensure at least one demand calculation takes place for each flight.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Finally, to prevent cancellations, ensure that your aircraft is at the airport from which its next flight will depart. Should this not be the case, you can create a transfer flight.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Performance[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]A flight has less seats available for booking than are installed on the aircraft? Then check the selected route using the performance tool for the aircraft in question. You can find this tool on the aircraft manufacturer’s page, along with all the technical data. Open the performance tool and enter the IATA codes for the two airports involved. You now get a lot of useful information about your selected route, including the possible payload (as a percentage of maximum). If this percentage is lower than 100%, then not all of the capacity can be used. Capacity will be blocked, in order of priority (cargo first, followed by economy, then business and lastly first class). Keep in mind that this refers to the standard capacity, so if you use seats that take up more space, even a percentage lower than 100% may still allow you to transport at full capacity. The possible payload percentage is in part influenced by runway length, both at arrival and at departure, so be sure to check both directions of a route to see if a problem might exist![/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Maintenance ratio[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]If you go to your fleet overview and select and aircraft, you get to the flight planning screen for this aircraft. At the top of this screen, you see a lot of information about the selected aircraft, including the maintenance ratio. This ratio should be equal to or greater than 100% at all times. If the rating displayed is 0%, then either you don’t have any maintenance gaps in your schedule (schedule gaps of more than 2 hours are needed to carry out maintenance), or you haven’t selected a maintenance contractor yet. Do this from the operations menu (control tower icon). If your maintenance ratio is below 100%, or the maintenance windows (gaps) aren’t spread evenly throughout the week, your aircraft’s condition will deteriorate. If an aircraft’s condition drops below 50%, it will be grounded and all flights cancelled until the condition has improved again. This will happen automatically as time for maintenance becomes available.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]b Rating[/size][/font][/b][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Can’t lease aircraft, despite having enough money available? You need more than just money to lease aircraft. You also need to have a sufficient financial rating to do so. A rating above B is required for this. The rating is calculated from several factors. If you go to your airline’s home page, you can see the rating. Click it for a break-down of all components and their individual ratings.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Time[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Airlinesim does not have Daylight Savings. As such, the time in-game will always be winter time. If your place of residence doesn’t use daylight savings either, then you will find the time in-game to always be correct. If, however, you do advance your clocks an hour during summer, then during this period the game will appear to be an hour behind your own local time.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Cancel a leasing contract[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Leasing contracts can be cancelled (terminated) at any time. The aircraft will remain available until the next payment date. At that time, one last weekly rate is paid, the aircraft returned to the lessor and the deposit refunded to the lessee.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]CAUTION:[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"] There is no security question when cancelling a lease. When viewing the leasing overview (fleet management (airplane icon) -> Leasing), be aware that clicking the link “terminate” will irreversibly cancel the contract.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Demand system[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]This system uses several parameters (in no particular order: route, connecting flights, price, service, aircraft type, journey duration and more) to calculate the passenger and cargo bookings for all flights. You can find your flight’s ratings in the ORS. The system simulates passengers traveling between two airports. It will select the best available connection to carry each passenger. These calculations take place daily, at a set time for each airport. You can find out when this is by checking the information page for each airport. If, after entering the flight into the ORS, it doesn’t have any passenger bookings yet, it simply means no calculation was carried out yet that led to bookings on your flight.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Interlining[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Interlining (also known as "interline ticketing") is a commercial agreement between individual airlines to handle passengers traveling on itineraries that require multiple airlines.[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"] Source: [/size][/font][/color][color="#000099"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Wikipedia[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="Arial"][size="2"]In Airlinesim, this means that passengers can transfer between flights of two different airlines only when an interlining contract exists between them. This increases the possible travel options for the passengers but comes at a cost of needing more staff.[/size][/font][/color][color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"] [/font][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][font="Arial"][size="2"]Any additions are welcome, as are corrections to the above.[/size][/font][/color]

[color="#000000"][font="Arial"][size="2"]This is a more or less direct translation of the FAQ created by Californian on the German forums.[/size][/font][/color][/color][/color][/size]

why is my aircraft performance marked X whenever i try to create a schedule? please help me!

This happens whenever the selected route is outside the range window, or if the runways at one of the airports involved isn’t long enough for your aircraft to take off/land. Make sure your aircraft is suitable for the chosen route by using the performance tool on the aircraft manufacturer’s information page.

Im on the trail achivements, And I have done every single on, but no. 8 seem to not want to be achived, I have gone to fleet, and asigned pilot’s there, several times, but it wont happend. And my plane has a schedule, but it want start flying, or it wont make money, how do i know if it has started flying?

Have you hired pilots?

Yes, if you are reffering to the second option on the fleet page

No, I’m reffering to under the "pilot management" section, you can find this in the drop down menu with the picture of the two buildings. In Pilot management you can hire and train pilots, this needs to be done before you can assign them to an aircraft.

[center]Hello i have one question

Can you help me read Aircraf market[/center]

[center]Base Price - Down Payment - Installment - Leasing Depot - Leasing Rate[/center]

What is[list=1]

[*]Down payment ?

[*]Installment?

[/list]

i know interest because that write above

where i can see credit offer with terms before bid?

I don’t want lease aircraf, i want buy him, but i don’t want to bankruptcy because i take plane what i can’t afford

I would personally not recoment to buy a plane because you can spend that money better in leasing 3 aircrafts more … but thats only a personal opinion :) .

Downpayment is the amount you have to pay right away when you lease or buy a plane. (will be deducted from your account immedeately). Installment is the weekly amount you have to pay if you can not pay the full amount of the base price … but be very carful and read the Top highlithed Box … additional to the Installments you have to pay the 4,25% Interest as well … per week! Honestly i recon to lease a plane … later when you are earning enough and your Interest drops you can start thinking of buying but not before…

well i new here and i have 6 restart in 6 days (because learning how to spend, and set game)

but i must have make last restart because i have to low profit and to height leasing expenses - witch lead to long and painful start

This time i was buy old and cheep 727-200 adv. (wiglets) and start with 3 airplane look excellent for now

i have only expenses on fuel and maintenance

and most important its profit

Dash 8 - gives me avg 1-1,5K$ / 100% book flight - what is excellent (when i include leasing expenses)

727-200 - give me on same route 4-15K$ profit / 100% booking - and i have only fuel to pay (because i own plane)

So conclusion is

91 flight in 7 days with Dash 8 = 90-100K$ profit

91 flight in 7 days with 727-200 = up to 900K$ (but i expect 300-400K$ real)

with 10 million $ on start - i think 727 is best choice for me (i think)

well if i fail i can always back to restart and start with dash 8 and leasing

In order for me to transport passengers do I need to build passenger terminals?

how do i buy credits ?

well i new here and i have 6 restart in 6 days (because learning how to spend, and set game)

but i must have make last restart because i have to low profit and to height leasing expenses - witch lead to long and painful start

This time i was buy old and cheep 727-200 adv. (wiglets) and start with 3 airplane look excellent for now

i have only expenses on fuel and maintenance

and most important its profit

Dash 8 - gives me avg 1-1,5K$ / 100% book flight - what is excellent (when i include leasing expenses)

727-200 - give me on same route 4-15K$ profit / 100% booking - and i have only fuel to pay (because i own plane)

So conclusion is

91 flight in 7 days with Dash 8 = 90-100K$ profit

91 flight in 7 days with 727-200 = up to 900K$ (but i expect 300-400K$ real)

with 10 million $ on start - i think 727 is best choice for me (i think)

well if i fail i can always back to restart and start with dash 8 and leasing

Yeah, but take it from me. it will wreak your image, still do it 'cause the 72' is AWESOME and I love it, but bear in mind your image.

Can  money be transferred to a subsidiary again,apart from the first time?If the subsidiary is running at loss or to give it a stimulus

This has been answered many times elsewhere, but I suppose one more time doesn't hurt...

The way to transfer money from Holding Company A to Subsidiary Company B is to do this:

* Buy a plane (probably the cheapest you can) with Holding Company A (or whatever company has the money to do it). Note you have to BUY the plane, not LEASE it.

* Once you have the plane in your fleet, go into your Asset Management tab at the top menu. Protip: It's in the '$' menu.

* Click on 'Aircraft Transfer' tab.

* Choose the name of Subsidiary Company B.

* Select: Asset Transfer Without Compensation. Go through this menu, choose the cheap plane you own. Aircraft is transferred.

* Repeat steps above, going through Asset Management. Only this time, 'Sell' the plane back to Holding Company A. The Subsidiary Company B will then receive the money for the plane from the Holding Company A.

* Keep repeating until money is transferred as needed.

A few things to note. First, you cannot do this if your subsidiary is on the stock market. if that is the case, there is really no way to transfer money back from your Holding to your Subsidiary without leasing planes, or perhaps, buying/selling stock. Certain rules exist, though, to make that more difficult.

Secondly, understand that the money you spend to buy the plane used in the plan above is lost, at least until you sell it back into the open market. So it is best to buy a very cheap aircraft and do the transfer a whole lot.

Or you could restart...

Also, just to add, you must buy the airplane with CASH, not with a credit/loan.

And also best to make sure your settings are that you don't hire staff automatically when you get an airplane.

...And that you do not assign default seat config (game settings)

How Do I make logos?

Wow I just got finished with a flight and it said I didn’t carry any passengers.

Really? All that work…