Transfer impossible in Argentina

I’d like to open this discussion since in Argentina, which is the 7th largest country in the world and has 60 airports in AS (many more in reality, I don’t know why there aren’t more in AS), it’s almost impossible to build a good domestic network since transfer is only possible in 4 airports (AEP-EZE-COR-MDZ), 2 of which are in the same city.

Colombia, which has pretty much the same population as Argentina, but is a smaller country has in comparison 6 airports in which transfer is possible. Or Venezuela, with 3/4 the population of Argentina and also smaller has 5 airports in which transfer is possible.

I don’t know why IGR, BRC, CRD, USH, TUC and SLA have the transfer impossible tag, since all of them are international airports, with good terminals that can handle interconnecting flights.

I would like to know if there’s any way some more airports could handle transfers.

Thanks!

as you can read in numerous other threads: just send an email to support@airlinesim.aero, send a link to where the needed data and proof can be found and they will gladly check it out.

thank you for helping making this a better game.

I don’t know exactly what data and proof would be needed to change a transfer impossible status to a transfer possible status. I’m not saying passenger or cargo demand should be changed

At least if you could send us some more information why a specific airport should be upgraded - due to geographical reasons or so on. We can not declare "each and every" airport as transferable as this would lead to billions of new travel possibilities and the system would never had a fair chance to calculate this anymore. So if there i.e. is in real life a local hub in southern argentina to feeder the passenger from there to other small airstrips, we may think about this. I also have/had an airline in Argentina and to be honest - I never felt the need of another hub somerwhere else then Buenos Aires.

You just mentioned one of the reasons, geographic reasons are one of the main reasons. AEP and EZE are in the center east part of the country, while COR is exactly in the center and MDZ is in the center west. One to the north (TUC or SLA) and one to the south (BRC or CRD) in which transfers were made possible would be a great addition, so that you could setup regional flights. And since there are regional airlines operating in the south (LADE), with hubs in CRD and FTE, and also in the center of the country (Sol Líneas Aéreas) out of SFN and ROS (which, by the way, also has the transfer impossible tag) as well as LAER operating from PRA, AeroChaco from RES and American Jet from NQN and MDZ. Andes Líneas Aéreas operates out of SLA and JUJ, but it’s not exactly a regional airline since they use MD-88s.

LADEin Wikipedia - and

Sol Líneas Aéreasin Wikipedia - and

LAER (flies to OYA, CCD and NEC, which are not in AirlineSim)

Aerochacoin Wikipedia - and

American Jetin Wikipedia (in Spanish) - and

Andes Líneas Aéreasin Wikipedia - and

http://www.aa2000.com.arYou can check out all the departures and arrivals in main Argentinean airports at

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeropuerto_Regional_Presidente_Néstor_KirchnerTermas de Río Hondo airport (in Spanish)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Argentinain Spanish (more complete)There are also some airports missing like Villa María (VMR) - , Goya (OYA), Concordia (CCD), Necochea (NEC), Termas de Río Hondo (RHD) - Orán (ORA) and Tartagal (TTG), all of those have active routes either with Aerolíneas Argentinas or one of the regional airlines mentioned above. There’s also one airport which doesn’t have its name right (CUT is Cutral Có, not just Cutral) - and

If you need more information please let me know

One more thing: ROS is not under AA2000 administration, so it’s not listed in the site I mentioned above. But you can check out their Arrivals and Departures from http://www.aeropuertorosario.com/ and there you can see it has several international flights (from Brazil mainly, with Gol Linhas Aéreas) and is the main hub of Sol Líneas Aéreas, operating to several destinations in the country and Uruguay

I didn’t check the links but looks good on first glance. now, please be so kind and send all this to support@airlinesim.aero as initially asked.

thank you for helping to make this a better game.

Sent!

Nobody is asking for each and every airport in the world to be transferable, and I’d like to point out that you are shoving system performance arguments into the discussion. The fact is that you are ignoring reality -my own personal grump is that Toluca in Mexico with 4 millions pax per year is a hub for a real world airline yet AS rates it as a "village airport".

Up! Since it's been a year and nothing's been changed. As I said above, It'd be nice if at least two airports could transfer passengers, one in the north and one in the south.

I've also noticed that ground connections in Argentina are a little messed up (wrong distances between airports).

If you need me to send another email, I will.

In the upcoming data patch San Carlos de Bariloche will be upgraded by airport size and transfer will be possible there. More information about all changes will be published soon.

In the upcoming data patch San Carlos de Bariloche will be upgraded by airport size and transfer will be possible there. More information about all changes will be published soon.

Great!! :D

Almost two years later and still San Carlos de Bariloche is listed as "Transfer Impossible" on Meigs. I started an airline in Argentina recently and have run into exactly the same problems. In the whole of the Patagonia region there is not one single airport with transfer possible, whereas in real life a number of airports are hubs for local operators, as Nesherius points out.

Airport sizes can't be changed on existing game worlds - on all new game worlds after the change (surrently Aspern, Ellinikon, Riem) San Carlos de Bariloche is a transfer airport.

Airport sizes can't be changed on existing game worlds - on all new game worlds after the change (surrently Aspern, Ellinikon, Riem) San Carlos de Bariloche is a transfer airport.

Well I just looked at San Carlos de Bariloche on Aspern and it is still listed as a 4-bar airport. If anything, it's been degraded from a "regional airport" to a "small airport", and now has a transfer possible.  In view of all the other changes that have been made over the years to existing worlds (cabin configurations for example) I can't really follow the logic of your reply.

Demand can be updated for all game worlds, that's why there's no difference in being a "4-bar airport". But as I said, the upgraded airport size from regional airport to small airport can only be applied on now game worlds, not changed on existing ones (as it would affect flight plans etc).

I don't know, what's exactly unclear to you? I try to help :)

So Small Airport is actually bigger than Regional Airport?

Yep.

Farm track > village airport > regional airport > small airport (first one with transfer possible)...

Yep.

Farm track > village airport > regional airport > small airport (first one with transfer possible)...

You seems overload the meaning of '>'. But now I realize the order is from small to big. <_<

Demand can be updated for all game worlds, that's why there's no difference in being a "4-bar airport". But as I said, the upgraded airport size from regional airport to small airport can only be applied on now game worlds, not changed on existing ones (as it would affect flight plans etc).

I don't know, what's exactly unclear to you? I try to help :)

In what way would it affect flight plans? Slots availability? On Meigs I don't see any connection.   La Paz is a 4-bar "small airport", xfer time 45 min, but has only 3 slots. Cordoba is a 4-bar "medium", xfer time 45 min, but 4 slots. However, Mendoza is 4-bar, has 5 slots, Salta is 4-bar "regional", has 5 slots, but is "transfer impossible".  Rosario is 4-bar, has 3 slots, no xfer. And so on.