Cabin config

Perhaps edit the game so you can edit the cabin config of a new aircraft type before you receive it? To avoid that annoying trap of having to pay for seating twice…

+1 for this

You can avoid to pay twice already:

Go to Game Settings > Comfort Functions > and say no to "Automatically assign default seating configuration to new aircraft (only if defined)"

If you recieve a new plane then, you will get it now without any seats. So you can choose one of your defined configuration - and you have to pay only one time for it (and not for a configuration you don´t like ;)

Awesome, thanks!

1. it is still good idea because it would allow us to play with configs for aircraft types, that are not in the fleet.

2. In the rating tab for a configuration display not only an overall rating but also the density and crew rating.

3. Separate the assignment of flight attendants form the installation of seats.

Yes separating the assingments of flight attendants from the seat installation settings would be nice.

Many LCCs have very high density seating + Fewer FAs per seat, unlike most mainline carriers.

I would welcome that too! The "one attendant per 50 pax"-rule (or 40 for Canada etc.) would enable us to minimize the number of flight attendants needed to fullfill legal requirements regardless of the configuration selected between Businss and Economy. For example my Dash 8-100 offer 37/39 seats with a Business Class-section but I don’t want to schedule a second flight attendant. A single attendant should be able to make all tasks and to serve beverages in Economy and meals in the Business Class section like at most Dash 8-100s.

Can one flight attendant cover First and Business classes as long as the total numer of seats in those two classes does not go over 50? If I do not fill the entire aircraft with seats will the empty space be automatically assigned to cargo ( combi configuration) and will it automatically receive cargo bookings on the routes I fly?

Only the specific aircraft models noted as "convertible to XXXX kg cargo" can carry cargo in space not assigned to seats. Filling a Q400 with 40 standard seats doesn’t give you 38 seats (3610kg) worth of cargo space, but filling a 737-700C with 40 seats gives you the remainder of the space (109 seats, or 10355kg) for cargo. For AS payload calculation purposes, each seat is equal to 95kg, each unit of cargo is equal to 100kg. Partial units of cargo go unsold - a 737-900ER HGW(W) offers 1795kg of cargo space, but only 17 cargo units (1700kg) are sold for a flight.

Your can change your preferences at "game settings" and you won´t get standard-seating unless you want to...