Maintenance Problem

Hi! I'm operating an airline on pearls. My query is related to maintenance calculations.

I'm using African Maintenance Systems. I'm talking about a Avro Regionaljet RJ100, 14.7 years old.

The route is OTP - TSR. 

My questions are.. why is maintenance 2,457$? How can I lower it? How is does a player calculate maintenance?

I paid more for this type on my fights than the 2,457$ mentioned. It really depends on the selection of your maintenance-contractor as well as the individual scheduling of your aircraft. High utilization results in higher costs to fix all the small malfunctions. Please note that the Avroliner isn´t the cheapest aircraft when it comes to maintenance.

It really depends on ... the individual scheduling of your aircraft. High utilization results in higher costs to fix all the small malfunctions...

AFAIK, costs for maint are strictly direct, meaning they are constant for a route-type-age-contractor combination, no matter how you utilize the airframe.

Really? This would be new information for me. Thanks! I had the impression that the amount of cycles flown directly influence the status of a particular aeroplane.