AS Live Traffic: Track your flights live on Google Maps!

Dear AS community!

Today I would like to present to you a small private project on my part.

Some time ago I created a way to track my airline's flights live on Google Maps, similar to Flightradar24.com.
Probably because other players would also be interested in something like this, I decided to publish my flight tracker to the public.

Screenshot.jpg

To use AS Live Traffic you need to upload your own flight schedule. Instructions on this are located on my website.

AS Live Traffic is available at http://meterbit.monoceres.uberspace.de

In case of wrong or missing airport data feel free to contact me via the contact form.

Some known issues that don't need to be reported:
- Via flights are not displayed correctly
- At 00:00 UTC flights may disappear or are displayed incorrectly

Have fun with AS Live Traffic,
teletexta

---

AS Live Traffic is now FLT.
Check out my forum post #59 or go directly to flt.xyz.

Awesome initiative! Very fun to see.

That is fantastic!

This is awesome! Thank you!

Seriously, you deserve some credits for free! Great tool!

It is really a nice tool and I agree that the developer should be honored! Really nice to see my planes doing their schedules over Southeast Asia!

Great! Brilliant idea. :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I have uploaded my schedule and am excited to see how it looks when my airline commences its flight schedule tomorrow.

There is something unusual, however. All of my planes are currently sitting at airports and waiting for the aforementioned start of flight operations; however, the map shows my 738 passing through Idaho with Flight 1304 from PDX to MCI. It's the only thing currently on the map.

Update: the plane is indeed moving. It just passed to the north of St. Anthony, Idaho. Fleet management shows it on the ground at MCI.

I think I figured out what is happening. On my schedule for that particular plane, Flight 1304 starts at 21:39 and ends at 01:54. It overlaps midnight, which would explain why Live Traffic is showing it. It has no way of knowing that I haven't quite starting flight ops yet. 

Anyway, I am quite excited to see how it looks tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing your great idea with us.  :)

Thanks for the amazing tool. 

Two small suggestions:

1. One is adding a short red line to trace the move direction of the airplane. Something like:

---[A]     [A]---

|

|

[A]

2. The via flight was shown twice in the map.        

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far!

Do you have an idea to improve my flight tracker?
Feel free to use the contact form on my homepage.

If there's frequent demand for it I may implement it in a future update.

Have a good time,
teletexta

Great feature. Thanks!

I experience some problems. I have a domestic flight between KTM - JOMSOM, which appears in the middle of Africa. I dont know if you can do something about that... pure bug :)

I experience some problems. I have a domestic flight between KTM - JOMSOM, which appears in the middle of Africa. I dont know if you can do something about that... pure bug :)

Fixed JMO. Re-upload your schedule to use new data.

Love this all the way and uploaded 2 of my airlines straight away. But why do the planes look like they flying sideways? 

Top job mate and keep it up!!

Love this all the way and uploaded 2 of my airlines straight away. But why do the planes look like they flying sideways? 

Top job mate and keep it up!!

Hi.

I use the same icon for all airplanes, regardless of their actual direction of flight.

In fact all airplanes fly along the great circle between start and destination airport.

Hi.

I use the same icon for all airplanes, regardless of their actual direction of flight.

In fact all airplanes fly along the great circle between start and destination airport.

Ok, im realy loving this and thanks again!!

Excellent tool. You deserve some free credits for it.

Excellent tool. You deserve some free credits for it.

I second that!

This is an excellent tool!! Both thumbs up and keep up the good work :)