Flights not getting booked

Okay, so. I have a few new companies. And I scheduled flights three days delayed.

However, only a few flights are even getting 25% of their passengers booked. It's been 2 days since I scheduled the flights..

Should I just cancel the flights without passengers to focus on the flights that do, or will the flights get passengers eventually?

I don't fly to any airport without at least 5 bars of passenger demand.

i think they will eventually get passengers..just give it time

Okay, so. I have a few new companies. And I scheduled flights three days delayed.

However, only a few flights are even getting 25% of their passengers booked. It's been 2 days since I scheduled the flights..

Should I just cancel the flights without passengers to focus on the flights that do, or will the flights get passengers eventually?

I don't fly to any airport without at least 5 bars of passenger demand.

One thing that keeps me thinking is that you have a FEW new Companies? If you have One holding and One Subsidiary and start with 9 or 10 million in the subsidiary it is more then enough. This is a HUB based game . Meaning with 10 mio you can get 4-5 737 or 6-7 Dash. So you can start with more airplanes offering more destinations and so more connections to your customers. if you open 5 companies with 2 mio each you can get 1 Dash and with that you can get 5 daily flights but offering basically 0 connections. The 5 bars at an airport does not mean that you will get Passengers easily. The more connections you offer the better it is. Do you have competition on your routes? How is your ORS rating? What Seats are you offering? That Airplanes are your competitors using? How is your Service and Price Level? 5 Bar airports have a general demand but without connections you will hardly get Passengers ...

i'm offering Economy and Business on all my 737-400's..don't think there is any competition on my end..as it is a fairly small airport..and my scheduling is on a 3 day delay as we speak..i got flights to Sydney and Brisbane from Melbourne(MEL)

Also, be sure to allow sufficient--but not too much--time for you passengers to connect between flights. On a related note, be sure that your hub allows connecting flights (i.e., it has a minimum transfer time shown on the airport's information page.

Hello guys(girls?),

I have played this game before and was out for 6 months, and started up again. Did they changed the simulation/gameplay on pax demands during that time? Reason I ask is because I noticed that nobody was flying between AMS-EWR and AMS-IAD. So off course I leased 2 A332 and started flying on these city pairs, but to my big surprise I am not getting the pax... These are high demand pax routes in real life and as I recall correct these routes were among my best when I played this game before. Any thoughts on that?

Only these two aircraft and no feeder service?

Looks like that SK, or Interlines...

Arjen like any longhaul airline the only way you will make money is if you have a  good short haul feeder service. You normally would need around 50 short haul aircraft to generate passengers not only from AMS but from other airports like FRA etc. At the other end you need good interline partners to distribute your passengers from EWR and IAD further afield.

Lets look at the real world... AMS-IAD is a twice daily flight, served by KLM (partners and short haul feeding into AMS, partners feeding out of IAD (such as DL). The other...United...the same story.

Best advice is don't start with long haul, you will rarely make money unless you have a network built up

Uhmmm yes :blush:  I see what you're saying beeing a KLM employee. But however, there should be a point to point demand on those routes correct? Wheb I look in our systems at work I estimate around 30% locals on those flight (not beeing transfer pax).

Yes but these passengers may (in the game) prefer to AMS-via somewhere-IAD.

Alright clear story, I guess I will start over then ;-) Thanks Ian and sk!

How is that of making conections? Are the conections from the destination where my flights go, from my hub?

Can I make any money with just one airliner. I am working with an A319, making short range flights. Would I need any more airplanes to make profit?

Currently my flights have very low ocupancy, and I barely have competitors.