Stapleton or Devau?

Hi,

I am new to AI and I started several threads here asking some questions.

I want to start an airline in a South American country. Most of the worlds are petty crowded in the airport where I want to be based, but two.

Stapleton has 50% slot availability and Duveau has 75% slot availability in my hub airport (all other worlds have 20-25% slot availability).

Can you advise me which one of the two should I chose?

So far I understand:

- Duveau allows 15 hour transfer times for connecting passangers

- Duveau does not have ground connections (I still do not understand how this works)

- I find more used aircraft available in Stapleton (maybe because of the aircraft type I am looking into, A320family) for cheaper prices

Based on the above, which world of the two mentioned would you recommend for a complete newbie? Thank you.

Name of hub?

Bogota

First of all don't start with A320s, get 737-700 instead! they are smaller and use less gas (I don't go over 150 seats without some good internal traffic... Also think about EMB 190s/195s! they are great too!) ground connections don't matter much (It only helps of you if you fly to other airports like a few hundred KMs away...)  I would go for more slots cause when your airline gets bigger you need slots.

So I say pick daveu.

Also (since you are new...) Don't give up! I lost so many airlines cause I gave up. Keep pushing you will make it! if you need help start a topic here.

One more thing: I see you were thinking about AirwaySim too, You will like it much better here and I hope you have fun! :D

Nolan

Go for Devau you will have more freedom trying out the game.

However I suggest you first get 4-5   Bombardier Dash 8-Q400A. Now connect airports within Columbia to Bogota and 100%you will have positive profit and from now you can explore the game :slight_smile:

Slot availability is crucial for success, so try to find an airport with as much slots free as possible without strong competition. It is difficult to build up a hub-and-spoke System with only 50% free slots. => Devau

Don't underestimate domestic demand. For instance my Airline in Nigeria operates 6 737-900ER just on the Lagos-Abuja Route. So I advise against using turboprops in anything but tiny markets. It hurts your image too much. Starting with 737-700 (or EMB 195) on the better domestic routes sounds like a good plan to me. It will also give you a  ORS rating advantage over the competition, that is currently using Dashes.

Jumper, you learn something new every day. I saw airline subsidiaries but didn't know you could set them up only in unrestricted rights countries. So, RESET we go... fortunately I only lost 24 hours. Thank you for this suggestion.