Airliner nicknames

Does anyone else nickname their airliners and give the older, low condition ones issues in the notes section (such as: "'Odin' Engine one only throttles to 95% and cargo door opens slowly")

"engine ate a ground worker"

I do give every aircraft of mine its unique name, but noting maintenance issues? Umm, nope. I like the idea though, quite funny.

Years ago I christened aircraft after popular songs from different genres but this became like a show from the 1970/80/90s :blush: .

I know that my "problem-aircraft" would be insulted to be called "I ingest everything" or "Hello hangar, here I am"

I Nickname my aircraft after figures in Norse mythology, I find it funny when My aircraft is named Thor (My real name). I would then do puns with the maintenance issues, like Freya/Frigg  'Worker loves repainting this aircraft' or Odin 'Left Engine has trouble throttling up past 95%'. it is obscure and that is why I love it. I do it to add personality to the game, that is why I hate Aspern, you cannot do that because everything is sparkly and new.

I name all my aircraft, but not many people do which is a shame as it's a good way to express yourself, or the area/country you are operating in.

Perhaps it is because many operate in countries they don't know very well. No point in naming an aircraft that operates, Adelaide - Melbourne "Munich" is it? :o

I name mine after attractions in or near a town that the plan services. My plane which goes to Bundaberg is named Mon Repos and the one which goes to Mildura is “River Murray”.

I just operate to may aircraft to name them all... - so I only named widebodies.

And as a U.S. airline I named them after U.S. presidents.

Years ago I christened aircraft after popular songs from different genres but this became like a show from the 1970/80/90s :blush: .

I know that my "problem-aircraft" would be insulted to be called "I ingest everything" or "Hello hangar, here I am"

Yes, But you just put that under mait. issues. The only music related Aircraft(s) I have ever had are Kansas, Future Retro and Jungle Love. I like the thoughts though. I think that the point would be to insult them, they are creating problems, while a good airliner carrys on.    Quote from my Cleveland based Fleet:  

N016BFA 'Pilot takes too many trips to Slavic Village, entire Cabin smells of butter'

'Pierogi'                    *Slavic Village is a area of Cleveland, Pierogis are stuffed pasta things swimming in butter. If found eat

It is sad when you make Norse mythology puns and area specific jokes (like Mr. Pierogi here).

Almost all of my aircraft are nicknamed. In particular, in my cargo airline I attribute the name of the city to wich that aircraft is flying the most. For those 777 freighter operating under my main airline, since they are truly imponent and powerful I've given them the name of greek mithology Titans.

My long haul fleet was given names of the early Portuguese navigators that discovered the world in their explorations in to the unknown. I think it's a very cool feature to be able to nickname our aircrafts, specially because so many airlines in the real world do so.

Can somebody tell me where I can nickname my aircraft? I can't seem to find it...

Thanks in advance!

Can somebody tell me where I can nickname my aircraft? I can't seem to find it...

Thanks in advance!

Go to your fleet and you'll find the naming field right below the registration.

@AK Thank you very much!