IPO & Stock Ownership Question

Hi all,

I'm looking at listing a subsidiary of my main holding company on the market, and I'm wondering if I can subscribe for shares with another subsidiary of mine and/or if I can buy shares of the subsidiary once it is listed?

Ex.:

H = Holding

S1 = Subsidiary1

S2 = Subsidiary2

S3 = Subsidiary3

S4 = Subsidiary4

Right now, S1 & S2 are listed on the market. I want to list S3 - when I list, can S1, S2, S4 subscribe for shares? Once S3 is listed, can S1/S2/S4 buy shares in S3? My goal is to have 25% ownership for H, S1, S2 & S4.

Thanks!

No, they cannot subscribe to IPOs of companies in the same holding.

They can buy shares of the stock afterward, but only at the current price, not higher or lower than the current price.

That might be your goal, but it won't be easy to get it quickly. Since you can't subscribe to your own IPOs, other people have to, and they have to decide to sell the shares back to your company.

Okay that answers the question - thanks!

A question related to this - rather old - topic.

Situation: I have two different holdings operating airlines in different countries. Can one holding subscribe for shares of an IPO of a subsidiary of the other holding?

E.g.:

H1 - ABC Holding

-S1 ABC Air -> doing an IPO

H2 - XYZ Holding -> can this holding subscribe to shares of ABC Air’s IPO? Or only buy shares once listing is complete?

Cheers

A question related to this - rather old - topic.

Situation: I have two different holdings operating airlines in different countries. Can one holding subscribe for shares of an IPO of a subsidiary of the other holding?

E.g.:

H1 - ABC Holding

-S1 ABC Air -> doing an IPO

H2 - XYZ Holding -> can this holding subscribe to shares of ABC Air’s IPO? Or only buy shares once listing is complete?

Cheers

No, separate holdings cannot connect in any way.

No, they cannot subscribe to IPOs of companies in the same holding.

They can buy shares of the stock afterward, but only at the current price, not higher or lower than the current price.

That might be your goal, but it won’t be easy to get it quickly. Since you can’t subscribe to your own IPOs, other people have to, and they have to decide to sell the shares back to your company.

Sorry, but you have this wrong, all the subs can subscribe as long as they meet the requirements for subscription. I have done it many times.

Caithes will not see your message as he had been inactive for several years now.

Caithes will not see your message as he had been inactive for several years now.

No doubt, but I wanted to answer directly so the newer fellow would get the correct info.

No, separate holdings cannot connect in any way.

Thanks

Anyone know what is the minimum equity in Quimby to be able to buy stocks or participate in IPOs?

It should be AS$ 20 million