Helicopters

Is their a reason why helicopters are not in the game. May airline operated them in the past IE BA Helicopters, Bristow Helicopters and Heli Air Monaco.

For the same reason private aircraft are not included (even those that are leased out).

Another good reason would be not having to worry about including (and finding the demand for) the millions of places it's possible to land helicopters.  ;)

Most uk airports have a helipad and the slot system could be different.

Yes and no ... that varies. I'm not familiar with the regulations but a few years ago the helicopte here in FRA took off and landed somewhere at the appron or on a taxiway. Nowaday you can see them also taxiing to/from the runway and taking off/landing there. So they are using also a normal slot as an aircraft too.

We currently don't have helicopter and they are on our to-do list. The problem for implementing them into AirlineSim is to have the flight performance formulas adjusted and to have a usefull business for them. Using them between two airports is not worth doing anything for them as they are operationally more expensive then an aircraft. So it has to be an operation to pure helipad-airports only. There are some around the world, but that is not that easy to figure out. But this is not rejected but there is no timeline for it.

We currently don't have helicopter and they are on our to-do list. The problem for implementing them into AirlineSim is to have the flight performance formulas adjusted and to have a usefull business for them. Using them between two airports is not worth doing anything for them as they are operationally more expensive then an aircraft. So it has to be an operation to pure helipad-airports only. There are some around the world, but that is not that easy to figure out. But this is not rejected but there is no timeline for it.

There are "Some" is a nice understatement :D

Almost every hospital, oil platform, remote site and larger building will have a helipad. Now many of them are not used for regular traffic, but I can easily imagine there being thousands around the world.

IMHO the helicopter traffic is too fragmented, irregular and small scale to be worth all the hazzle of adding all helipads and helicopter models in operation in the world.

Almost every hospital, oil platform, remote site and larger building will have a helipad. Now many of them are not used for regular traffic, but I can easily imagine there being thousands around the world.

That's what I meant. In AirlineSim we only have the commercial scheduled service. And we do not have the ad-hoc charter service nor any Air-Taxi or general aviation. So we will have to figure out if there is any scheduled commercial service in real life and if this is worth of integrating it into AirlineSim with the workload neede for it. So yes, we have the helicopter on our roadmap, but I wouldn't expect here to much as this is simply not possible to research. So normal building, remote side, hospital etc. are definetely not complying with the way AirlineSim works. Oil/Gas platforms may be part of it in a far future when there may also be a charter market. But I personally don't see this within the next 1-2 years.

Yes and no ... that varies. I'm not familiar with the regulations but a few years ago the helicopte here in FRA took off and landed somewhere at the appron or on a taxiway. Nowaday you can see them also taxiing to/from the runway and taking off/landing there. So they are using also a normal slot as an aircraft too.

I have been flying whit a helicopter in regular commercial service from Las Vegas to Sedona which flies daily or a couple of times weekly. It was like flying any regular comercial aircraft no tour no nothing just straigh on to Sedona. Even if my family had it for our selfs but we still had to go to a heli port and then land in close to the hotel in Sedona, and it flies like this daily.

Sadly we had to take a taxi to the heliport and it did not come and pick us up at the roof of our suite at Vdara.

I also have seen the very last moments of a dear friend when he was taken away whit a helicopter and later died and I have chartered helicopters in New York, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Iceland.

It is a cool idea, but very impractical, there probably is no chance of them ever adding them.

The same creators should make a tycoon specifically for a motor (car) company or helicopter manager though!

This is not a tycoon game. This is an in-depth simulation which resembles real life aviation and has serious business-oriented features to it.

You will not find Airline Tycoon style here. Nor Sim City.

Yeah-SUPER in depth, Sorry for getting it wrong.  I guess you are right-this is NOTHING like a tycoon game!

Yeah-SUPER in depth, Sorry for getting it wrong.  I guess you are right-this is NOTHING like a tycoon game!

This is the best airline simulation out there, and I have tried them all (or most of them, but I have researched them all) before settling on Airlinesim 2 years back. If you have a business spirit, this simulation is right for you, because you can really run your own aviation empire under global business dynamics. Your airline can be affected by what other airlines do not only in your base country, but across the border and also across the world. This is the only airline simulation that has connecting passengers and real-life behavior of traveling public. This is the only simulation where you can be successful at airports which are not real life hubs. This is the only simulation where you can open up subsidiaries. This is the only simulation where you can establlish subsidiaries in different countries. This is the only simulation where you can run regional, mainline and cargo, all at the same time, in one company or in multiple subsidiaries. This is the only simulation where you can create multi-country aviation empire. And most of all, this is the only simulation where your airlines will no bankrupt but keep on going, even if you take 2 weeks vacation and you don't even log in one single time - thanks to "real time" feature (which admittedly I did not like in the beginning, because it seemed slow). Here, you will not be able to grow into multi-million $ airline in a week of real time ... it may take months before you run a sizable airline. But that's fun of it ... because you have a feeling that you are running something "virtually real", as a manager, on a daily basis, not some fast paced game.