Updates of Malaysia Airlines MH370

Earlier today, Malaysia Airlines said in a statement that it has lost contact with MH370 from Kuala Lumpur International to Beijing Capital. But, the B777-200ER plane has failed to check in at 6.30am (Beijing Time) in Beijing Capital International Airport. There was 239 people on board including 227 passengers and 12 crew members.

As for now (UTC +8) 11.40pm, the airline has lost contact with the B777 for about 21 hours and is yet to confirm for any upcoming news.

At here, what we can do is to pray for the 239 on board. Let us pray for them.

Pray for MH370

By now the only evidence are two large oil tracks at the suspected area where the plane should have gone down.  :unsure: Very suspicious disappearance tho...

Also there are reports that two of the passenger onboard used stolen EU passports.

From what i've heard, the Vietnamese Air Traffic Control has gotten a signal from Malaysia Airlines MH370, there are also some false rumors about it landing safely in Southern China. This is a very suspicious disappearance, it doesn't look natural and seems like a work of hijacking..

From what i've heard, the Vietnamese Air Traffic Control has gotten a signal from Malaysia Airlines MH370, there are also some false rumors about it landing safely in Southern China. This is a very suspicious disappearance, it doesn't look natural and seems like a work of hijacking..

Malaysian Authority has denied the fact that Vietnamese ATC detected MH370 as well as for Vietnamese Government.

Due to the missing of two European passports with these passports had been used to check in, there might be a possibility of terrorism as US has started to search on it.

As for now (UTC +8) 9.30PM, the aircraft has lost contact for almost 44 hours. The airline has urged the next-of-kin of passengers aboard to prepare for the worse as it has been over 36 hours. Before any latest update from the official release, let us just pray for MH370.

Any latest update will be refreshed on this thread asap. We shall advice that any unofficial & unverified information should not be published to avoid misunderstanding and hesitation. All information are free from copyright reserved and subjected to latest update from the official press release. For latest information, please visit http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html.

Pray for MH370

Those two stolen passports used by two strangers to board the flight are really unsettling. personally I think it has more to do with the disappearance than anything else.I do not believe in so strong coincidences. What probability it is that on your flight someone will be flying with a stolen passport? Someone might fly on a stolen Italian or Austrian passport to get illegally to Europe ... we all know that EU immigration almost always just only briefly looks at the passport and that's it, nos wiping no nothing. But traveling to China? And now the "bigger coincidence" of having TWO passengers traveling with stolen passports on that same flight... that is no coincidence that is intention.

Hi,

it would be silly not to investigate the stolen passports case. There may well be a connection. But I would not immediately conclude that people flying on a plane with forged or stolen passports are necessarily terrorists. And if you plan to blow up a plane, you only plan to get on the plane. There is no need to plan your arrival in China...

Every country has television programs about "life at the airport". In every episode there is at least one person smuggling drugs or travelling with a false/forged passport. So it is not so exceptional that you find people with a false/forged passport in a crashed plane.

Let's not jump to conclusions. If they find the plane and the black boxes, they will hopefully find the cause.

Jan

Up for now (UTC +8) 5.30pm, it has been 63 hours over the last contact with MH370, the aircraft is still not found yet. There has been many speculation about the flight, please do consider that only official messages will be verified as true. Investigators will get into it once the aircraft is found.

Those two stolen passports used by two strangers to board the flight are really unsettling. personally I think it has more to do with the disappearance than anything else.I do not believe in so strong coincidences. What probability it is that on your flight someone will be flying with a stolen passport? Someone might fly on a stolen Italian or Austrian passport to get illegally to Europe ... we all know that EU immigration almost always just only briefly looks at the passport and that's it, nos wiping no nothing. But traveling to China? And now the "bigger coincidence" of having TWO passengers traveling with stolen passports on that same flight... that is no coincidence that is intention.

Those two who stole the Italian & Austrian passports have found out to be Iranian, they are 19 & 29 years in age. According to the authority, they stole those passports so that they can enter Germany/EU. Besides, the authority said that they have detected the signal of the aircraft at the Malacca Straits near West Coast of West Malaysia. But, the rescue & search is still going on until the aircraft has been found.

No matter what happen, we just pray for MH370.

You can help in the search here, http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/malaysiaairsar2014

And you are sure this really helps/has the related pictures?

Latest update as of March 13, 2014 3PM (UTC +8): Being messed up by the last location of MH370, Malaysia Airlines reveals that MH370 might have the attempt to turn back to KLIA. Malaysian authorities also say that everything was normal on the flight before it vanished at 1.30am in secondary radar and 2.15am in military radar. The authority also has been criticized of giving out confusing information about the last location of the flight that also increases the uncertainty of where and what the aircraft is right now.

Chinese satellite captured three pictures which suspected to be wreckage of the aircraft despite the authority has not confirmed yet. Search & rescue will continue going on until the aircraft has been found to solve many mystery and speculation.

#PrayforMH370

Thank you very much for your updates!

BREAKING NEWS: As of 1PM (UTC +8), Malaysian authorities have concluded that MH370 has been hijacked by one or more people with flying experience and switched off the transponders or communication devices on the plane. At the moment, no demand have been made known and the authority is yet to find out the reason to hijack Malaysia Airlines plane. Last Saturday, MH370 disappeared from secondary radar at 1.20am but continue to fly west and last detected by military radar at 2.30am near Penang, an island city in the Strait of Malacca. Investigators said that the plane may have flied farther to Andaman Sea of Bengal Bay, and also suspected that the plane may have crashed into the Indian Ocean after the fuel was out. But, this is yet to be confirmed by the Malaysian authority.

Hi,

a military spokesman said already (almost) a week ago that the plane was spotted on primary radar after it disappeared from traffic control radar (= after the transponder was switched off). The next day that military spokesman said the journalists misunderstood him. Now, almost a week later and only after satelite images indicate that the plane was still flying after it supposedly crashed, the government says what the military spokesman said to start with...

Does your government have reasons for not being totally honest ? Are they incompetent ? Or are they just not used to give transparent and straightforward information ? I mean... our government only sprays mist if being honest would embarrass them, or if they think it would cause panic (I would not trust government information after an accident in a nuclear plant).

As for their latest conclusion, the hijackers would have needed more than just flying experience. The hijacking itself can be done swiftly, so fast that the pilots did not have the time to change the transponder setting to "hijacked". But switching off the ACARS is not that simple. If the ACARS was also switched off, it sounds more like an inside job. And if it was not switched off, Malaysia Airlines knew that the plane was still in the air. Even if they did not think about the ACARS immediately when the plane went silent, I am pretty sure some people must have referred to it within hours after the plane went missing. After all, the automated ACARS messages helped to solve the Air France crash.

So in my opinion, the whole affair smells. It most probably was a criminal act, but the least I would say, is that Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysian government have shown very poor communication skills.

Jan

...is that Malaysia Airlines and the Malaysian government have shown very poor communication skills.

IMO "they" made one huge mistake: In case of an incident/accident, it is wise to have one spokesman who provides information and answers questions. The last press-conferences were a mix of officials (managers/politicians/military) and the answers to journalists* were quiet different. This is my impression. You need to have one official channel (regardless of the supplied information) to maintain a correct stream of information. It would be easier to maintain control of the vague amount of information.

An airline like Malaysia Airlines surely has a task-force for the worst case (missing/loss of an aircraft). A team of dedicated employees coordinates all important aspects while dealing with such an extreme situation. You have to inform the media, you have to take care of the relatives of the passengers.

Just my two cents.

Regards

* "Journalist" became an invective for me from the 1990s onwards. The vast majority of  them are dependent of their jobs and they are not free to write. The "copy-and-paste mentality" is one resulting factor alongside high pressure to bring news. The media is controlled by a relatively few forces and by money. Only a very few people are really able to publish freely because they have the privilege not to be financially dependent.

IMO "they" made one huge mistake: In case of an incident/accident, it is wise to have one spokesman who provides information and answers questions. The last press-conferences were a mix of officials (managers/politicians/military) and the answers to journalists* were quiet different. This is my impression. You need to have one official channel (regardless of the supplied information) to maintain a correct stream of information. It would be easier to maintain control of the vague amount of information.

An airline like Malaysia Airlines surely has a task-force for the worst case (missing/loss of an aircraft). A team of dedicated employees coordinates all important aspects while dealing with such an extreme situation. You have to inform the media, you have to take care of the relatives of the passengers.

Just my two cents.

Regards

* "Journalist" became an invective for me from the 1990s onwards. The vast majority of  them are dependent of their jobs and they are not free to write. The "copy-and-paste mentality" is one resulting factor alongside high pressure to bring news. The media is controlled by a relatively few forces and by money. Only a very few people are really able to publish freely because they have the privilege not to be financially dependent.

Regard to what you all said, Malaysian authority did show poor communication which had long been criticized by internal & external community. Initially, their mission was to search the plane. Instead of searching the plane, now they found out the plane did not just stop at South China Sea, the plane flied for further few hours toward Indian Ocean. All of these may be due to less experience in handling this big incident in which they never thought that this gonna be happened in Malaysia. Slowly, they realize that they have to cooperate with international partners because they can't do the whole investigation by themselves without external assistance. In countries like United States, the investigation has to be done by private body in which government and the related airlines cannot involve in the investigation to avoid interference.

Hi,

I would be highly surprised if nobody thought to check the ACARS. After all, it sends information about the aircraft systems that may be valuable. And I believe several countries who have been helping in the search, are also unhappy. Nobody likes to waste money and manpower looking in one place, if they hear later they should have been looking elsewhere.

Malaysian Airlines probably has a team and a scenario they follow in case of an accident. But the government organises and coördinates the international search actions. So it is also normal that they also give information to the press/public. Perhaps they are not used to handle big incidents. Which is good in its own way, of course.

... "Journalist" became an invective for me from the 1990s onwards. The vast majority of  them are dependent of their jobs and they are not free to write. The "copy-and-paste mentality" is one resulting factor alongside high pressure to bring news. The media is controlled by a relatively few forces and by money. Only a very few people are really able to publish freely because they have the privilege not to be financially dependent.

I don't know about Malaysia, but the press here is totally free when you talk about things like a plane crash. But staff is limited. So foreign news is very often indeed a matter of copy and paste. They all have a subscription with international press agencies and merely translate the news they get.

You only see a difference (between newspapers and television channels) when you talk about socio-economical and political articles. That's when the money/power dictates the opinion of the press.

And journalists are generalists. So you read articles where the transponder "navigates" the plane. But I guess every aviation enthusiast curses half the time when he reads an article about aviation.

Jan

Hi,

I would be highly surprised if nobody thought to check the ACARS. After all, it sends information about the aircraft systems that may be valuable. And I believe several countries who have been helping in the search, are also unhappy. Nobody likes to waste money and manpower looking in one place, if they hear later they should have been looking elsewhere.

Malaysian Airlines probably has a team and a scenario they follow in case of an accident. But the government organises and coördinates the international search actions. So it is also normal that they also give information to the press/public. Perhaps they are not used to handle big incidents. Which is good in its own way, of course.

As said, the authority also has been criticized of trying to hide something which is pretty much important for the missing MH370. For now, they are still investigating whether this involves terrorism, hijack or etc. And for sure, United States concerns about this because it has long been their practice to fight against terrorism which also may cause the hijack or the missing MH370. No matter how much they spend for this including time, money and human, they have to figure out what was going on to the plane as everyone is afraid of terrorism, hijack, suicide and whatsoever. They don't want to have the same thing happens again next time and possible in their own countries and so it could be a lesson not only for Malaysia, but the whole world.

I don't know about Malaysia, but the press here is totally free when you talk about things like a plane crash. But staff is limited. So foreign news is very often indeed a matter of copy and paste. They all have a subscription with international press agencies and merely translate the news they get.

You only see a difference (between newspapers and television channels) when you talk about socio-economical and political articles. That's when the money/power dictates the opinion of the press.

And journalists are generalists. So you read articles where the transponder "navigates" the plane. But I guess every aviation enthusiast curses half the time when he reads an article about aviation.

Jan

So, now you are talking about Europe. Europe is the region or community that emphasizes human rights. Freedom of speech is one of it. Any breach of human right would be considered an offense and will be penalized & punished.

Here, Asia is still emerging economy. Although they have Japan, Singapore and South Korea as industrialized nations, but their human rights are limited as for their cultures.

In conclusion, Asia is whole different thing as compared to Europe, United States & Canada because of their cultures. The press is based on locality of the journalist, which means they can decide whether they want or not to publish the news.