Stapleton - flight updates stopped

Hej,

flight updates etc. seem to be heavily delayed on Stapleton. Watching the status the update process seems to crash/stop working completely occasionally.

I have flights that should have started about 2 hours ago and are still on 'booked'.

Greetings,

Looks like there is a backlog .... don't worry everything will be executed in chronological order ... but with a delay .... we are working on it right now.

Never seen this type of lagging or backlog... some flight seems to depart while some other (departing at the same time) stays in booked mode, usually when we see lagging the clocking is equal on each scheduled flight. This time the departure mode seems to follow a random pattern...???

I just hope that you will not have to reset Stapleton, just like you did on MEIGS almost at startup if my memory is good. Stapleton is where I have been playing since the beginning almost 3 years ago (in July) and scrub 3 years of work... I don't even want to think about it :huh: :blink: :ph34r:!!!  

I think we all understand that problems may occur and I'm the first one to sympathise with you guys, but at this end of the tube some of us do play this game as religiously as you may work on the other side of the screen to try to make it a better experience... But one thing I must say is that when you offer a product that people pay to use espacially on the WEB where your reach is Global, people don't expect to be playing on an experimental platform where software crashes are regular things to happen and if I'm not mistaking this one is MAJOR... (like a two week electricity shortage in Paris or New-York... I wouldn't want to be the guy that pulled the plug...lol)

Regards :excl: Have a nice day, hope this will clear itself soon and for the better :excl:

Looks like its stuck completely since yesterday. Although some things do happen.

At the moment we are at a difficult siutuation - the server is working on its limit with the current upgrade script on deleting entries out of the database - there is a hot fix installed yesterday which caused the increasing of backlog and not as wanted the decrease. Another hot fix has been installed today, so we can only wait at the moment and see how this is doing. We kindly ask for your patience for the next hours and try to sort this out to bring Stapleton (and Aspern) back to normal speed as known in the past.

Never seen this type of lagging or backlog... some flight seems to depart while some other (departing at the same time) stays in booked mode, usually when we see lagging the clocking is equal on each scheduled flight. This time the departure mode seems to follow a random pattern...???

I just hope that you will not have to reset Stapleton, just like you did on MEIGS almost at startup if my memory is good. Stapleton is where I have been playing since the beginning almost 3 years ago (in July) and scrub 3 years of work... I don't even want to think about it :huh: :blink: :ph34r:!!!  

I think we all understand that problems may occur and I'm the first one to sympathise with you guys, but at this end of the tube some of us do play this game as religiously as you may work on the other side of the screen to try to make it a better experience... But one thing I must say is that when you offer a product that people pay to use espacially on the WEB where your reach is Global, people don't expect to be playing on an experimental platform where software crashes are regular things to happen and if I'm not mistaking this one is MAJOR... (like a two week electricity shortage in Paris or New-York... I wouldn't want to be the guy that pulled the plug...lol)

Regards :excl: Have a nice day, hope this will clear itself soon and for the better :excl:

Seems like I'm not the only one to complain about it. Your service is available worldwide, but it sucks!! In between, Stapleton server is still lagging as of 7AM (UTC).

We are working on it as good as we can - maybe you've also noticed, that only these two server having these problems. The other 13 (11 game-server and two testserver) are working without this problem. So you may image that this has nothing to do with an experimental platform or anything like this. AirlineSim is one of the technically most challenging simulations ever, not comparable to any other simulation we know. And keeping this in mind the payment for using it is really low and fair (no backdoor payment/buying goods or ingame-advantages). The main difference is the direct competition combined with a real demand searching the best ways through millions of possible connections. So if there is anything not working properly, you easily gain a backlog which is so annoying for the player. But for us it means finding the problem within hours and determining it and then hoping that the backlog of some ten-thousands trasnsactions will be processed together with the new ones adding meanwhile.

So we of course are working on this every possible minute - for me the last week had 100 work-hours - but we also have to ask for your patience in situations like these.

Further information about the current server status will be written here:

http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/6641-ende-stapletonaspern-status/