Activate Schedule

So I am about to schedule my first flight, do i Activate Schedule, Lock Schedule, or 3 Days Delay

Depends on the routes you are operating and how you operate.

If you just flat out activate the schedule, it will activate the schedule 24 hours out (meaning the first flight at 24 hours or later). Activating the schedule three days delayed means it activates it 72 hours out.

If you are flying routes with lots of demand (or decent demand with no competition), activating it 24 hours can't hurt. If not, 72 hours is recommended.

Sending the flight makes sense as long as you can cover all but the fixed (leasing, etc) costs of the airplane.  If you can cover all the variable costs with a little left over that flight will at least be contributing to your margins. 

Hi All,

I now this thread is a bit old, but was does it mean to lock an active flight schedule?

Thanks all.

To suspend booking of new flights on that aircraft without deleting the schedule. This is good, for example, if you are are doing substantial changes time wise to your schedule.

You need to activate the schedfule to make it work in the first place. Nothing will ever fly if the schedule is not activated. Locking it is a feature i personally use only while changing a schedule so that no randome flights would apear that do not fit whit the final schedule.

In the bottom right corner, select "activate flight schedule" and click execute.

Howvdo i start a new route because every time i activate a new route i always get 0% load factor

Passengers are generated (demand calculation) once per 24hr period at a different time at every airport. You have to wait for the demand calculation to take place. Just because you activate doesn’t mean you get passengers

• The shorter the route, the higher the chances to get passengers.

• Domestic demand is always better than international

• Check real life routes and try those, or from competitors on the same or other servers

• Build connections. In one airport/hub I have as little as 6% direct pax

And it’s a trial and error thing.

Besides that, check all the other advice for the ORS, cabin config, service profile etc.

Uhh how do i even activate it?! Pls help...

In the bottom right corner, select "activate flight schedule" and click execute.