AGEX

Hi- does anyone have any general advice about AGEX? I've been looking for some background and context on it but coming up blank. I'm a new player currently experiencing my first AGEX drop (about 300 points since I started) and the affect on my loads, particularly in Business.

Without knowing your airline, the suggestion I give you is to keep your connections. During the last AGEX drop, players just killed routes that were not profitable but with cutting them totally you loose possible connections and all the transfer passengers you had on this route. Dont do that.

Instead, swap the bigger airplane with a smaller and in turn, swap a smaller airplane to a bigger if it's fully loaded to allow for more connecting passengers. It's easily done within the 737 or A32X family. If these are too large go to CRJs, they are a little bit slower but you'll be able to keep your Slots on short and medium routes if your airports are lacking slots. Also try to lower overall connection times by focusing on HUB waves.

Re-evaluate your price levels and see if you can cut maintenance costs in case you have more than 3 categories. Check the used aircraft market regulary and see if you can get cheaper planes.

It all requires a bit of work but it'll get you through it.