Daily Operating Profit

Daily Operating Profit would come handy

- it shows how much profit is made in the last 24h hours (00-24h)

- It is stored for at least one month, so that we can se the graph for the previous period

I am aware that it migh vary due the maintenance time, timetables etc but at lest it would provide some information on the glance about current operating results

Good idea. It also provides some information on daily cashflow that is naturally different across the week.

I don't think it would need a whole month, the last 14 days would be perfectly fine for me.

1) Figure out how many days (or hours) have passed since your last business week closed.

2) Go to your Income Statement.

3) Depending on whether you want your income per day/hour or profit, use the numbers listed there and divide by the number of days/hours you found in step 1.

1) Figure out how many days (or hours) have passed since your last business week closed.

2) Go to your Income Statement.

3) Depending on whether you want your income per day/hour or profit, use the numbers listed there and divide by the number of days/hours you found in step 1.

This is an average figure that could vary largely during the week and has a different meaning than the DOP. From a controlling view, this formular is actually flawed, as it uses an inappropriate point of time (week end closing).

Though I use this type of calculation as well, especially in start ups and early enterprises, the DOP would be more useful in a later stage. 

For what? In later stages, you're usually flush with more money and it is faster to go by. Why do you need something accurate down to the last cent?

Well, it's obviously not the most used feature. I agree. From a performance point of view it allows some more forecasts, that are in later stage important to time investments accurately.

However, I would want to see that figure rather from a cash management point of view. The DOP is again not the right figure for that, but still better than nothing. With higher credit loans and probably skimmed leasing rates, cash flow in later stage still matters. There have been several times in the past were cash-on-hand became tight, even with profitable airlines, as I am trying to minimize liquidity for capital cost reasons.

As a young struggling airline, I don't have a semetric schedule, as I'm fishing for useful routes- if I don't log in at the same time, sometimes it's a struggle to find which combination works best, and a daily breakdown would be useful.  Not nessessary, but very useful.

It would be nice to take the load monitoring information detail and be able to download it to excel or something that you could then manipulate to your hearts desire.  The information is all there, buried, on that page in the details.

The revenues and expenses per flight are all there.  Connections too.  It would be nice to be able to quickly identify flights that are profitable, that lose money but cover some capex, and those that are just plain losers.  Just because you have a plane flying at 50% capacity (while not great in and of itself) doesn't necessarily mean you should stop flying it.  On a ATR42-500 say with a capacity of 50 total passengers....you have 25 passengers.  But what kind?  Do they have connections beyond this flight?  If you canceled the flight would you be better or worse off?  If these passengers are from a 1 bar airport and have 2-3 connections that you fill...what is their value to you?  In accounting this is contribution margin.  Even though you aren't profitable on THIS flight....it may still contribute to your overall profitability. 

Just looking at the load monitoring screen does not quickly give you this information.  For that, right now, you have to do a time consuming analysis of each and every flight.  And when you get to 200-300 planes it just becomes impossible to keep track.  But by then you are either so big that you can't be crushed (because you control several large airports)...or you are in the middle of getting crushed.  (Because you don't control the hubs you fly out of)

Team, could we just get sum of all opertaing profits for all flights per time period