Interest rates

I was just calculation the interest rates in AS. 1% per week, it looks ok till you calculate it per anum like every bank does. 52% interest. Is this realistic.

Also if you get a recue loan its up to 17% so it would become … I dont even dare to write it.

Maybe you can find this topic if you search for it. Of course is this interest extremly high, but the income at AirlineSim is also somehow balanced to be 1 week in AirlineSim = 1 year in real life.

Just think of it: Profit margins of up to 35% per week... I don't even dare to write it per annum... is this realistic?

So I guess the interest rates are ok, as 'sk' stated above.

Than maybe our earnings are to high also, maybe we should go to earnings between 2-6% as that is more realistic anyways in the real world. Most airlines dont even make more than 3%.

Maybe you can find this topic if you search for it. Of course is this interest extremly high, but the income at AirlineSim is also somehow balanced to be 1 week in AirlineSim = 1 year in real life.

Is that so? So buying an airplane is an investment that in reality will only pay off after around 200 years?  :P

Greatly looking forward improvements to this area that has been mentioned previously.

Than maybe our earnings are to high also, maybe we should go to earnings between 2-6% as that is more realistic anyways in the real world. Most airlines dont even make more than 3%.

If you want to run your AS-airline over years before you see some significant growth, then yes.

Personally I’m ok with what we have right now.

The problem (if we may call it so) with interest however is the number of interest periods, not the rates.

Right now the number of installments matches that of interest payments.

On a more realistic approach we’d have one interest-period of 12 installments.

See here for a discussion on the German board: http://community.airlinesim.aero/topic/4060-flugzeug-mit-kreditkauf/page-2#entry30726

If you want to run your AS-airline over years before you see some significant growth, then yes.

I would prefer it taking 2 years to build up a massive airline with 100:eds of airplanes compared to the 2 weeks like on some of the new opened servers where you can buy dirt cheap old airplanes and earn silly amounts + vacuum the market before most understood what happened.

6% growth per week still means the airline can go from 10 to 210 million in the first year, which is enough for leasing deposits for 100 second hand narrow-bodies.

Somewhere in between the crazy of today and 6% ( like 10-20% ) is probably more reasonable and fun, the important part is preventing the early exploits that ruin the game where some players have several 100% growth.

I would prefer it taking 2 years to build up a massive airline with 100:eds of airplanes compared to the 2 weeks like on some of the new opened servers where you can buy dirt cheap old airplanes and earn silly amounts + vacuum the market before most understood what happened.

6% growth per week still means the airline can go from 10 to 210 million in the first year, which is enough for leasing deposits for 100 second hand narrow-bodies.

Somewhere in between the crazy of today and 6% ( like 10-20% ) is probably more reasonable and fun, the important part is preventing the early exploits that ruin the game where some players have several 100% growth.

I’d love to have AS-markets to be fully self-regulating.

Suggestions to add for-profit behaviour to the aircraft trader have been made which would achieve such self-regulating despite of 90% of players failing to see the way to go. Profit margins would be where they should.

That said, I see no need to tweak anything at current margins for regulatory purposes.