London Heathrow

Just of today, the biggest airline in London Heathrow has quit operations and has changed the airport from a completely slot-constrained airport to an open airport with slots all over.

However, within a couple of hours there are users operating ridiculous amount of cargo flights or creating ridiculous schedules with small turboprop aircraft, effectively covering the airport again for reasons which tend to go into the direction of slot blocking. Therefore, within a couple of days London Heathrow will be covered by non-realistic flights (I don't name any, because I don't want to get personal) and effectively excluding newbies or other players who have probably waited for years to get access to the airport.

Unfortunately, this game supports this kind of playing. My question is however, can't we, as a community of players not start to play fair and reasonable? Is this asked too much? In the end, a competitive market place makes the game much more interesting, no?

BTW: I operate a US-airline, so I'm not really affected.

Unfortunately, this game supports this kind of playing. My question is however, can't we, as a community of players not start to play fair and reasonable? Is this asked too much? In the end, a competitive market place makes the game much more interesting, no?

I very much agree with you on this however twice I have asked for support from others in a game world against airlines that have obviously slot blocked (but within rules of AS), 70% are willing to listen...30% arn't

I fully agree with you, but some players have a 'win at any cost' mentality and will do everything permitted by the game engine to reach their goals.  As long as these tactics remain in a grey area of the rules and lead to positive financial returns people will keep using them.

As a player I feel the only action available to me is to make business more difficult for this sort of competitor by refusing to IL and competing heavily on routes where they are active.