A 350

The Airbus A350-900 is EASA certified!!!

But not delivered!!!!

Hey guys,

i know (cos i used the 'search function' :P ) the general topic has been discussed several times already and YES i will wait, patiently, until it is delivered!

BUT, dear AS-Team, will there be a chance of adding the A350-900 PERFORMANCE into the system, as soon as u have the (predicted?) data available? Just so we can already use the "AC Type evaluation"- & "PerfomanceCalc"-Tools to plan ahead, for upcoming fleet decisions! ;)

If it doesn't work in time for the A350, maybe there is a chance to implement such feature until EIS of the CSeries!

You can always placard such "perf forecast" features with something like 'might be subject to change'! :P

Thanks,

brgds,

ToSt

That's why I wrote " is EASA certified"

The 787-9 also was introduced before the first plane was delivered O:)

Yep - and there are some days to go by until it will be delivered. Maybe we can do it again before... There is also a tecnical dependency this time due to the server-shifting in the past month.

The 787-9 also was introduced before the first plane was delivered O:)

I think that it has been delivered to Air New Zealand in July 2014.

I think that it has been delivered to Air New Zealand in July 2014.

The first 787-9 has been delivered end of June already but nevertheless the type had found it's way into AirlineSim at June 20 before the first delivery meaning before any delivery - also it's been just 1 or 2 weeks.

A general question regarding new aircraft:

New aircraft have performance-data which are not 100% accurate. Some aircraft suffer short-falls while other aircraft show even better performance than anticipated. Are adjustments considered after the new aircraft-type was delivered?

It's very difficult to have the data accurate with the current performance system. The new performance system is in development - but we do not know how long this may take. So until them data will be most likely not changed until then.

Qatar Airline is going to take the delivery on 8-10 Dec this year. Hope they won't postpone :)

It's very difficult to have the data accurate with the current performance system. The new performance system is in development - but we do not know how long this may take. So until them data will be most likely not changed until then.

It is much easier to do with Boeing Aircraft as their technical specifications are written by their Marketing Department with 100% accuracy from Engineering statistics so it is easier for SK and Martin to add a Boeing instead of an Airbus whose performance statistics are unknown until it has been flown a statistically significant number of times.

/semi-troll

cancel "semi" ... ;)

So still, how about implementing a performance (forecast/prediction) into AS(perf. tool & a/c type evaluation tool)?! Just so we get a general idea of if it is worth waiting?! :wink:

You can always give an information, that this data might change before delivery!?

Best regards,

ToSt

So still, how about implementing a performance (forecast/prediction) into AS(perf. tool & a/c type evaluation tool)?! Just so we get a general idea of if it is worth waiting?! ;)

You can always give an information, that this data might change before delivery!?

Best regards,

ToSt

I imagine if they did, there would be dozens of threads on release day complaining about how players were told one thing and decided to wait, and received something else entirely even with the disclaimer. Quite possibly also demanding compensation. Go with what is available now, and switch if the implemented performance lives up to the manufacturer’s hype. It takes a few minutes of your time, and little in the way of financial penalty (compared to the cost of an aircraft).

I imagine if they did, there would be dozens of threads on release day complaining about how players were told one thing and decided to wait, and received something else entirely even with the disclaimer.

I don't have to imagine that, I KNOW THAT ;)

I'm sorry, but this would make an introduction more difficult ;)

I don't have to imagine that, I KNOW THAT ;)

I’m sorry, but this would make an introduction more difficult :wink:

People don’t lodge complaints for performing better than expected though… wink

But I do not have the capacity to create data for the show first just to deliver the final (better) data later on ... that should be in your interest too ;)

Hey,

i do understand your point, but what i actually meant, if you have the performance data on hand already, but you don't wanna release the plane yet, as it hasn't been "shipped" in reality, you could already implement that existing data into the mentioned tools, so we can not yet operate the jet, but make up our minds if it is worth it at all! ;) I guess that wouldn't be a big deal after all (just hide the "order button") :P 

But as you mentioned, before you wanna start implementing performance data over and over again, you might wanna use your time for more important things to do! ;)

Thanks anyway,

best regards,

ToSt

However if sk is doing more work now on unplanned stuff, it will take longer for the new features shown and release of the A350 amongst other things.