Staff

Hi everyone.

One of the bigger problems that you face in AS is staff figures.

You can as extra sstaff that you might not need in the future.

For exemple I have a huge number of staff in cargo that i don’t need right now.

It could be good to have a tool that could be used to change staff role. Meaning: If i had this tool this extra cargo staff could transformed in cabin staff. This is more than normal is real Airlines.

Any toughts?

We had this discussions before. You are sure, that a "simple" worker loading and unloading container for the cargo can now work as a friendly alsways smiling flight attendent and serving coffee and communicate with the passenger fluently in at least two languages? ;)

We had this discussions before. You are sure, that a "simple" worker loading and unloading container for the cargo can now work as a friendly alsways smiling flight attendent and serving coffee and communicate with the passenger fluently in at least two languages? ;)

Some staff can be interchanged, but in general - SK is correct. You would not want a cargo person working as a flight attendant.

@SK, you forget that not all flight attendants are always smiling. I assume you have not flown PM-United Airlines on a domestic regional jet....

I personally agree with the fact that staff should be able to change their actual work, however within limits.

I think the question should not be to promote a Logistics employee to a check-in agent.

Let's say there would be categories like:

• Administrative (Office Managers, Flight Planning, Administration & Network Planning)
  • Customer related or "Sales" (Check-in agents & Customer Service)
  • Technical (Ramp agents, Fleet Management, Ground Handling & Logistics)

This seems more or less realistic to me. Just remember that such personal and professional developments happen quite frequently in bigger companies.

Together with some reasonable amount for training of the employees this would be a good idea.

Of course, you are right. There are some categories which may switch the jobs with short training in reality. The staff section is one of the oldest in AirlineSim and therefore the need for a an update is given. Currently we do not have it on the short term to-do-list, but once we will update this, we consider this too.

@sk

The fact you are loader doesn’t mean you are not able to do other things…i know lots of college degrees that load bags in 737 bulks.

I agree that within limits, it shoud be posible.

Tks

@sk

The fact you are loader doesn’t mean you are not able to do other things…i know lots of college degrees that load bags in 737 bulks.

I agree that within limits, it shoud be posible.

Tks

A master in swaheli history doesn’t help you much if you are responsible for network planning though. How many network planers or terminal managers who load cargo do you know? That would be the right question in this case.

I agree though that a switch in certain areas should be possible but sk already admitted to that and one day we might see this feature.