Terminal question

A question to the terminal video posted today.

Why would flights be cancelled after the terminal contract is canceled?

Right now if the terminal contract is cancelled, it no longer appears under flight assignment (route management) and the AS terminal gets assigned for those flights. So as to say, it reverts to default AS handling if/when a terminal provider cancels contract.

Also you write that if terminal provider goes bankrupt, than the handling reverts back to AS. I really do not understand what is the difference between cancelling a contract by provider (or my airline), and forced contract cancellation by provider going bankrupt (demolishing terminal). In both cases my airline ceases to sue the contract, but you say that in first case (cancellation) flight will get cancelled, and in second case (bankruptcy) flights will revert to AS terminal handling.

I quite do not understand logic of this, why one would have flights cancelled and why the other one would be reverted to default handling.

It makes sense when you go back to the earlier video about the new scheduling tools and the way terminal assignments work: Since we have a lot more planned for the role and meaning of the terminals, you can actually schedule flights to a terminal you have no handling capacity booked at yet. So if you activate such flights, they will never happen. This is to make scheduling more flexible but at the same time of course requires more caution on the side of the player.

It makes sense when you go back to the earlier video about the new scheduling tools and the way terminal assignments work: Since we have a lot more planned for the role and meaning of the terminals, you can actually schedule flights to a terminal you have no handling capacity booked at yet. So if you activate such flights, they will never happen. This is to make scheduling more flexible but at the same time of course requires more caution on the side of the player.

Martin, I've built a quite large terminal for $750,000,000 in DME. If you re-do the price to be less expensive....will there be a refund like seats? :)

If it costs more, I guess I could pay more...but I would prefer not to!

If there will be as much importance of a terminal as you suggest, there will need to be changes to the available lots in an airport to build one.  There is already one airline starting to monopolize terminal space in Gatow, and I am being forced to do that as well in my hubs to compete and not put me at a disadvantage.  Just something to think about.

If there will be as much importance of a terminal as you suggest, there will need to be changes to the available lots in an airport to build one.  There is already one airline starting to monopolize terminal space in Gatow, and I am being forced to do that as well in my hubs to compete and not put me at a disadvantage.  Just something to think about.

Of course.

There is already one airline starting to monopolize terminal space in Gatow

Yeah, it’s a sad thing for both of us: we both play around with terminals which do not fulfill 100% of our needs.

The bigger airports offer space for roughly 1.3 million passengers / week and there is a need for at least 2.0 million.

And if we both continue our expansion at ORD, we could easily fill together 3.0 million seats.