Proof Cheap Aircraft are the way to go.

So, I run Rising Phoenix (RIP), well sort of.  I stopped actually paying attention to this game 2 weeks into server start, and well I have 200mil in the bank and am still turning a profit without any maintenance all round long.  Oh, I only used about half the first 10 mil too...

http://puu.sh/cU8Dp/e8206b61a7.png

http://puu.sh/cU8Ea/955918f3f3.png

http://puu.sh/cU8FA/9af78c117a.png

I think if AS staff realy want to make a game people stick around to play they will have to balance this better...

Popsikle

So, what do you want to say with this post? What issue do you want AS to address exactly?

That you made 200 million in 7 months on a sandbox server? Not that unrealistic given the fact that the settings on Quimby were "easy"  ...

So, what do you want to say with this post? What issue do you want AS to address exactly?

That you made 200 million in 7 months on a sandbox server? Not that unrealistic given the fact that the settings on Quimby were "easy"  ...

Im saying the balance in this game is way off.

I spent 5mil on cheap used planes, spent 5 min on seats.  Setup the schedule and walked away. I logged in about once a week to check aiport share, made one price adjustment since launch, nothing else.  Made 200 mil mostly AFG and the other airlines could not compete with my pricing.  This system is broken.  PAX are force fed on crappy aircraft because its way to easy to trick them onto your planes...

Probably there are some players within this board who await eagerly your competition on one of the established servers. What kind of competition should develop on a finite build-to-train server?

With 8 planes, you can hardly have been giving anyone any competition. Secondly, as already mentioned.. sandbox server.

The only real winner is AS, to whom you paid money for not playing on their server :smiley:

I had 40 planes I think? I covered every 8-9-10 in US and quire a few of the 5-6-7.  Yes, Sandbox server, to test things out, I get it, but seriously the old shit plane crap seats works on all new servers, and that is a problem imho.

With 8 planes, you can hardly have been giving anyone any competition. Secondly, as already mentioned.. sandbox server.

The only real winner is AS, to whom you paid money for not playing on their server :smiley:

... but seriously the old shit plane crap seats works on all new servers, and that is a problem imho.

Establishing something on a newly started (sandbox) server is, well, wow…

Ever actually tried it on anything else than sandbox world?

I agree to a certain extend about old aircraft, but it takes more than just some randomly scheduled aircraft then. And it certainly is not a problem within the game, but some kind of realism. Believe it or not.

Come on, try the “old plane crap seats” on an old server…

The IL-18D is the ultimate game breaker. Luckily I am playing on the server for more insights. So this really doesn't bother me.

I enjoy this game greatly, but I agree, the cheap pricing for the IL-18D is a game breaker. 

i agree too. Passengers should'nt get in into these planes.

My way to solve the problem a bit: I dont do it! I didnt accept Ilyushin-Airlines when they ask for Interlining. And i didnt lease Ilyushin's. When everybody do this, have nobody this problem :)

Yep. And they wouldn't have success at all as there would be better offers for the demand and the AS passenger will also not enter these aircraft.

i agree too. Passengers should'nt get in into these planes.

My way to solve the problem a bit: I dont do it! I didnt accept Ilyushin-Airlines when they ask for Interlining. And i didnt lease Ilyushin's. When everybody do this, have nobody this problem :)

Well passagers will not get into them if they have a better option (for example a new ATR or 737) but otherwise they are the best way to do a good start in the game. Even a 20 year old Saab 2000 does almost not have a chance against a new 737 if there is not a great demand on the route.