This is a fairly large update, affecting several core components of the game:
- NEW: Scheduling: Added flight number overview and route map for selected airport pair.
- NEW: "Market Analysis" page to separate market observation from booking monitoring (Inventory).
- NEW: Inventory: Load summary
- NEW: Inventory: Added Route Map
- NEW: Route Evaluation: Per-leg link to new market analysis page.
- NEW: Flight Number Page: Add link to market analysis in head of flight segment tab.
- NEW: Flight Number Page: Added inventory view on segment tab.
- NEW: Flight Number Page: Add route map.
- NEW: Flight Number Page: Quicklinks in head of flight segment tab to flight number segments matching the airport pair.
- CHANGE: Area restrictions for new buildings and building extensions have been removed.
- CHANGE: Inventory: Moved airport pair settings above inventory listing and below new load summary.
- CHANGE: Inventory: Removed market share stats and "All Flights" tab (now to be found on Market Analysis page).
Some comments concerning the most important changes:
Restructuring of Inventory
This is a core part of the game and I wasn't really happy with it yet. Most importantly, too much stuff was on a single page. Also, players complained that it was hard to get a quick overview of the current load situation. To address this, there now exists a matrix aggregating the loads of all flights on the selected airport pair by service class and flight day. This way, you can quickly figure out the loads of finished flights (yesterday) and of those still open for booking.
Directly below this summary, you can now find the airport pair settings. This way, load monitoring and the settings are closer together which probably makes the work-flow of adjusting prices based on current loads easier for most people.
The lower part of Inventory now only contains the full inventory view with filtering settings as you know them. The load charts below also adhere to those filter settings.
New "Market Analysis" page
Inventory is - as the name suggests - about your current offering. Market share statistics and capacities of other airlines really don't fit into it. Therefore I decided to create this new page. The idea here is that if you want to a.) find new routes to fly or b.) want to keep an eye on the competition, you can do it here. I think that in the future, we could also add more functionality to this page, providing more insights into the market (maybe new marketing features?).
Space restrictions for buildings dropped
To prevent people from exploiting the limited space at airports to block other players from expanding and as a reaction to how overbooked ground handling will work in 6.2, the space restrictions have been dropped altogether. This means, you can build as many as as large buildings as you like.