Are there any plans to launch new game worlds like Aspern ?

Hi,

I enjoy playing Aspern a lot, particularly the start was interesting due to the new aircraft only feature.

Are there any plans to launch new game worlds with similar concept ?

Sure, but we can not tell when at the moment.

There was a mention some time back of game worlds set in different eras, such as the 50s or 70s. Is this still a possibility? I would find such a scenario extremely interesting and would play in as many different year scenarios as came available.

There is a hughe workload to open such a world. Starting with the aircraft, airports, routes/demands, traffic rights, ground networks etc. So I wouldn't expect this soon ... By the way - first of all it was supposed to have a version in the 80's.

I guess any such world would have substantially lower demands and much higher fares, there would be no EU traffic rights, and international routes might need to get approved by AS management first as the bilateral regulator, and only one airline from each country would be allowed to service the route, with one or maximum two daily frequencies on a pre-designated aircraft type with strict capacity restriction. Sounds like a lot of fun :wink:

AS management as bilatteral regulator, sounds like an interesting idea. But how would that be possible to implement? By AS manually confriming and delegating routes to the possible airlines, or by automaticcaly granting optional flight rights to the largest airline in the prospective country of your intended route?

Ex. If I intend to launch the route, FBU-SVO, using a Super Constellation, with 75 seats, 1 daily flight. Then all soviet airliners, starting with the largest one, would be offered the opportunity to run this route, from either SVO, DME or VKO, to either FBU or GEN. If the largest opts out, the second largest would be offered the route, if that one also opts out, the third, etc... And if no soviet airliners wish to run the route......? I dont remember those bilateral rules, but....

while sounds like a lot of fun, don't think it's gonna happen.. too many manual work for something that can be otherwise automated..

AS management as bilatteral regulator, sounds like an interesting idea. But how would that be possible to implement? By AS manually confriming and delegating routes to the possible airlines, or by automaticcaly granting optional flight rights to the largest airline in the prospective country of your intended route?

Ex. If I intend to launch the route, FBU-SVO, using a Super Constellation, with 75 seats, 1 daily flight. Then all soviet airliners, starting with the largest one, would be offered the opportunity to run this route, from either SVO, DME or VKO, to either FBU or GEN. If the largest opts out, the second largest would be offered the route, if that one also opts out, the third, etc... And if no soviet airliners wish to run the route......? I dont remember those bilateral rules, but....

Nah, not really like that, first airline that would apply from each country would get to run the route, large or small. So SVO-CDG, both one French and Russian airline could operate the route, the first one that applies for it from each country, gets it.

Your approach would favor large airlines (as those obviously would be in an advantage to take up most of the offered routes). It would need to operate the route with a specific aircraft, and if it does not operate the route for more than 7 days, the route gets "freed" and could be re-awarded to another airline.

If the airline wants to change the aircraft type to a bigger (or smaller one), it will not be allowed to do so (yeah, the sweet bilateral restrictions). or it would need to drop the route, for 7 days, and after 7 days it would be made "randomly available" at a random time (within the 72 hours) so any other competing airline could apply for it. The reason for random time of making it available again is so the releasing airline does not "watch the clock" and jumps on it at exactly 7 days after the release. So the availability to request the route would be anywhere form 168 to 240 hours after being dropped. (Now I can imagine the competitors not going to sleep and having their girlfriends, wives, mothers and sisters and probably dogs watching when LHR-JFK becomes available :) )