Engine Options and Checked Baggage

Has the idea of introducing engine options into AS ever been discussed? As sometimes in real world (less often now) companies are offered a choice of engine when ordering a/c, more commonly now it is ceo or neo though.... Was just thinking this could add another dimension to the game? Because each engine performs differently.

Also the idea of a checked baggage allowance for PAX and the option the charge for checked baggage or checked baggage over the allowance? Seems pretty unrealistic that effectively AS PAX can take as much baggage as they want onto an a/c with a defined MTOW.

if we have engine choices, there would be a high possibility that the maintenance categories will increase. Different engines require different mechanics to fix. That means if you get 777 fleet with GE, PW, and Rolls-Royce engines,  you need to pay for all three different types of maintenance categories. I don't know how the recent categories were defined. If adding engine options will cause the change like what i said, maybe it would be better that we can hire our own maintenance people. A lot of airlines in the real life has their own mechanics. 

The introduction of new engine performance system will be the basis to allow introduction of various engine options

if we have engine choices, there would be a high possibility that the maintenance categories will increase. Different engines require different mechanics to fix. That means if you get 777 fleet with GE, PW, and Rolls-Royce engines,  you need to pay for all three different types of maintenance categories. I don't know how the recent categories were defined. If adding engine options will cause the change like what i said, maybe it would be better that we can hire our own maintenance people. A lot of airlines in the real life has their own mechanics. 

Could be interesting to have our own maintenance subsidiary companies though ;) I think that BA, easyJet and Lufthansa all do their own maintenance so again it could add realism to AS.

Could be interesting to have our own maintenance subsidiary companies though ;) I think that BA, easyJet and Lufthansa all do their own maintenance so again it could add realism to AS.

In fact in U.S, most of airline need to have their own maintenance because each airline has its own procedure. Only people in their company know how to operate their planes

Maybe we could somehow implement hangar space (leased or owned) into this as well. After all you got to have a hangar or maintenance base for your mechanics to work at

Some of these may be valid ideas when maintenance feature is extended, to include A, B, C and D checks.

Right now maintenance is done automatically during any two hour window, once that is changed I believe we will see more maintenance-related features.

Maybe we could somehow implement hangar space (leased or owned) into this as well. After all you got to have a hangar or maintenance base for your mechanics to work at

This would be a great idea and you can have many hangars and many skilled mechanics to do your own maintenance and also others maintenance.

Some of these may be valid ideas when maintenance feature is extended, to include A, B, C and D checks.

Right now maintenance is done automatically during any two hour window, once that is changed I believe we will see more maintenance-related features.

Ok, but the CEO (we) should never have to move flights and keep track when checks should be done. It should be the fleet management and network planning people doing this and the CEO just pays for it. I would like it as it meens more flights, for example I would just need an A check after 200-400 cycles meaning every 10-30 days taking 20-50 man hours (whit 10 mechanics 2-5 hours), B check every 4-6 months taking 150 man hours (whit 30 mechanics 5 hours), and never doing a C and D check as the plane would be returned to the lessor before I have to do it.

As far as I understand, and I do not want to reveal much at this point, the plan is that you will "schedule" some things, and some things will be done automatically. AFAIK you will not be required to manually interact with every plane all the time. You set it up, and that's it. For example, you can set up A check every X flight cycles (or every X days) and the plane will go into maintenance that day. Same goes for B checks, etc. The plane will not take off nor will it accept any booking for that day/time period. Basically that is the rough idea. But al this is flexible, but the basic idea is same as the whole AS: set it up, and let it run. The intention is not to create more micromanageent, while still offering some new and exciting in-depth development and feature.

As rubiohiguey2000 stated already correctly, these suggestions are already in our mind too. There has to be some basic changes that these suggestions may someday be implemented. So we can only ask for patience right now.