Throw away plane - possible?

Hi Forum.

I've got one plane in my business which is unsellable - is it possible to throw away this plane or get rid of it somehow ?

Thanks !

Martin B.

Offer it for 10% of purchase prize on the market. AS will buy it after 4 weeks.

Found a subsidiary and commit an asset transfer. Then shut down the subsidiary.

Thank you guys :)

aha this is so smart!

I thought that liquidating a subsidiary will just sell off the owned planes for the scrap value (10%). If so, wouldn’t that end up being more expensive because you also have to give severance payments for the staff that the subsidiary automatically hires?

correct

I guess it would depend on the value of the plane. It might be worth it for a 737 or bigger, but not for a LET :-)

I thought that liquidating a subsidiary will just sell off the owned planes for the scrap value (10%). If so, wouldn't that end up being more expensive because you also have to give severance payments for the staff that the subsidiary automatically hires?

just go to "settings" and de-activate the auto-hiring option :)

just go to "settings" and de-activate the auto-hiring option :)

Not pilots or flight attendants, I’m talking about the admin and fleet management staff that are automatically hired. You can’t disable that.

Not pilots or flight attendants, I'm talking about the admin and fleet management staff that are automatically hired. You can't disable that.

Actually, I think that unless you go to "Personnel management" section, they are not hired until the first week end closing. If you click there, then they are hired on the spot. At least it used to be that way in 6.1, I have not tried it in 6.2.

THey can be hired automatically by opening the fleet section too. If you only take the way via asset management, they won't be hired until the next week closure.

Offer it for 10% of purchase prize on the market. AS will buy it after 4 weeks.

Is it for real or just an urban legend?

I wanna get rid of a Norman I had just bought for money transfer between my subs....

It's true

I thought that liquidating a subsidiary will just sell off the owned planes for the scrap value (10%). If so, wouldn't that end up being more expensive because you also have to give severance payments for the staff that the subsidiary automatically hires?

This applies if you want to get rid of the plane for a sooner time. Not for a 4 weeks waiting. It costs some bucks, but the plane is gone ASAP.